“Overall good deal for an extended stay property”

Extended Stay America - Sacramento - South Natomas
Ranked #72 of 80 Hotels in Sacramento
Redding, California, United States
“Overall good deal for an extended stay property”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We booked this location in advance because of its proximity off I-5 for a long trip down California. Unlike some reviewer I have had a lot of experience with Extended Stay hotels of various brands so I have proper expectations. Some people expect them to be a something they're not.

This property was formerly a different brand, and after moving over to ESA it appears they are making significant improvements. They are currently undergoing an exterior painting project through September 2013, which can be a minor nuisance for current guests, but shows an overall commitment to ensuring the property is in good condition.

The king bedding was of good overall quality for this type of hotel. And the amenities, such as a full mini-kitchen, complete with stove and fridge are typical for an extended stay property.

There were a couple of set backs for this specific experience...
1) We are a family of 4, and specifically selected the king with sleeper sofa option. However upon arrival the sleeper sofa didn't have any bed linen available, nor pillows. Typically you'll find these in the closet - however that was not the case. Im sure we could have called down for them, but it was easier to just put the kids to bed using their 'themed kiddie sleeping bags' which they brought with them. So it really wasn't an issue; and easier than calling down to have this resolved. With that said, it would have been nice for the staff to realize that this might be a need and anticipated this.
2) Minor, but the sofa had a 2 inch tear on it, and could/should be fairly easy to be repaired. This is a minor issue, but can turn into a bigger issue. But seriously, if I'm getting this picky, you'll understand that this was really a good experience and overall great condition.
3) In the bathroom there was no tray for the bar-soap so it just sat on the counter, pooling up -- probably just missing this accessory... Or it might be an oversight...

But all in all, it was clean, comfortable (enough) and was generally prepared for our stay.

Nothing stood out really good or bad, just an average stay and we received what we expected. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The hotel has three buildings, be sure to request building one or two; the third building is closest...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Mikaela Z, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - South Natomas, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a informative review.

Please accept our appologies that we were unable to anticipate your needs; however I am glad to read that you were pleased with the overall standards of Exended Stay in our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I stayed at this property on two separate nights within the same week. One room was quite nice and the other awful. The first room was a larger suite. It smelled of smoke. The carpet should have been replaced long ago, due to all of the spots. The couch was old and dirty, so I did not sit on it. The walls needed paint. The sink did not drain well, and the door lock did not function properly. And then there was a large spot on the ceiling over the bed that looked like barbecue sauce. There was not even a bar of soap in the room so I had to request one at the front desk. The second room was smaller and really not bad at all for a bargain hotel. It was much cleaner.

The hotel is located in an office park area. I found it odd that there were people at the far edge of the parking lot drinking beer and cooking dinner on a barbecue grill. The Wi-Fi worked well.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first as they obviously vary greatly.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Please accept our apologies that your first stay were not up to standards. Still, we are glad to know that your second stay was far better and that we were able to show what our standards should be.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Palmdale, California
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Rooms are fully furniture. Very comfortable, flat screen TV's, and Clean.
The location was convenient. Looking forward to staying again! I would recommend
staying in any Extended Stay America. Food and shopping was made easy by Two
major freeways. The outside parking area was well light and maintained. The staff
were always on hand for my every request. They updated my reservation to include
my senior discount, saving me time and money! As a result, when I travel I will look
at Extended Stay America's web site First!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for posting such a wonderful review.
We are so happy we were able to accomidate you well and saved you some money.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

We were on a budget so this spot fit what we wanted to spend. Luckily we only stayed one night. The room felt old and not very clean. Not comfortable for a long stay I imagine.

Our refrigerator did not work do the perk of a full kitchen was not experienced.

If you are looking for an average, inexpensive hotel this is it. But don't spend much time in the room!

• Stayed July 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - South Natomas, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Mike and Katie - Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. I sincerely apologize that our hotel didn't meet your expectations. Please know, our hotel will be going through a full renovation soon that will help our property look new and have an updated feel. In the meantime, we will work harder to ensure our guests are provided with a comfortable, clean room.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at 916 564-750, so we can speak directly. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We loved the place. The room or suite was very clean. It had all the basic amentites we needed to make our stay worthwhilel. The staff were very pleasant, friendly and efficient. They were professional and showed confidence and cempetence in doing their jobs. Kudos. The location is perfect. It was in a quiet area and just few minutes from everything - mall, park, small convenient groceries, gas stations, coffee shops, etc.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Albuquerque
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the extended stay suites. The property was well maintained inside and out. Staff were very friendly and accommodating. We would recommend staying there and if we are in the Sacramento area, we would stay there again.
Carmen and Ivan T

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - South Natomas, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Carmen and Ivan - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you found our property to be well maintained and our staff to be very friendly as well as accommodating. It was a true pleasure having you stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
MORENO VALLEY
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Former Homestead Suites. I had King suite with sitting area with couch. Flat screen, but if you want to eat at table and watch TV, forget it, about a mile away. No place for luggage. The free Wi-Fi is way too slow, especially at busy times. You have an option to pay three dollars a day more for supposedly faster, but I've tried that and not seen the difference. Hard to believe they are very successful in getting business clients to stay here with such slow wifi. Need more TV stations. Noisy refir.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - South Natomas, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. I apologize that the internet speed was not up to your standards.

In response to your feedback, I will bring this issue up to my manager. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at snt@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly.