WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Extended Stay America - Sacramento - South Natomas

Extended Stay America - Sacramento - South Natomas
Ranked #68 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
Las Vegas, Nevada
“First and last stay at ESA”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

I was a little apprehensive to stay somewhere for so cheap, but being on a budget as part of relocating meant trying something new. You get what you pay for I guess, though I've heard of better stays at motel 6. Reservations were made more than a day in advance via the extended stay website (no third party). Check in time was listed as 3PM, check out 11AM. We arrived at 2:30 and I went to see if a room was available yet. The desk clerk was polite and told me nothing was available and I should come back later, but if I wanted to fill out the paperwork and swipe my card I could save some time when I returned. I completed check in and put my card on hold and went out. Upon returning at 5PM I was met by an empty lobby with a phone and paper note saying press one for service. The phone rang and rang before a voice came on saying "hello, hello, hello, who is this, hello, pick up the phone...leave a message". I went back out to the car until I saw someone arrive at the office. Our room was still not clean/available. While we waited, 5 people were trying to check in with similar success as ours. Our room was finally made at 5:30, and a new front desk staffer arrived to relieve the one who had been trying to handle all the 'business'. She was somewhat terse when we tried to explain our card had been held earlier and paperwork was already done "to save time" but eventually we got keys and went to find the room.

The room was small but fine, with a fridge, sink, cooktop, microwave and toaster. There were dishes in the cupboards, signs saying housekeeping was not responsible for cleaning dishes, but no dish soap. The bathroom was similarly 'meh', with some strange pink goo oozing from the bottom of the tub. The bed was firm, so firm my arms actually went to sleep faster than I could (I'm a side sleeper). And there was random garbage (pens/paper) under the ottoman when it was moved. The shower made a horrible screeching sound during the entire shower (perhaps an easy way to save water by ensuring shorter showers) and when the bathroom got steamy it seemed to release the smell of stale cigarette smoke from the room. Soap was provided, but bring your own shampoo.

The breakfast is fast and easy, I guess that's the point. Granola bars, wrapped muffins and coffee (no juice sadly).

The location is easy to get to from the freeway, and a nice base for exploring Sacramento. That being said, there are far finer hotels not that far away. We actually ended our stay a night early to avoid staying here any longer than we had to.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - South Natomas, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. I apologize that the cleanliness of the room was unsatisfactory and that the front desk did not check you into your room in time and not offer you amenities (soap, toothpaste etc.) at checkin.

In response to your feedback, I am meeting with them to ensure that they are clearly communicating our policies to guests at the time of checkin. I will also be speaking to the housekeeping staff.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at snt@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Reno, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Checked in late for a quick overnight stay as I had to go to Chico early the next morning. They ended up giving me a smoking room, even though I requested a non smoking room, and it stunk of smoke so bad I couldn't stay in it so they gave me the room next door which was also smoking room but didn't smell as bad so I put up with it; Ben was great at accommodating that. room was clean and bed comfortable, I left at 6am the next day so I wasn't there long but that was my experience; it was the cheapest I could book that wasnt a roach motel.

• Stayed May 2013
Eugene, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

I found a razor blade in my carpet.The chinese lady has a BAD attitude.. Ben is awesome... They Don't have extra blankets or dishes, the hair dryer in the bathroom is broke and does not work...One of the employes talks about other guests at the hotel, telling their private information... My family and I will be in town for the next 10 months, and will not stay here again after this month..

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Dennis-Mcmann
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - South Natomas, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dennis - The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. Please accept our most sincere apologies; I have spoken to my staff to make sure your experience is not repeated.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at snt@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Sacramento, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

I stay here often and for long periods of time. I never have had a bad experience. The service is good. The staff are always willing to be of help. They are now providing breakfast in the morning and they are flexible about our needs. I'm not a fan of smokers and they have stringent rules to keep cigarette smoke from getting into the rooms. But they also provide rooms for smoking. They are pet friendly, which comes in handy. Rooms come with a refrigerator, microwave, and stove so that you are not forced to eat junk food, although there are numerous restaurants (fast food and sit down) within a few miles and there are multiple grocery stores around as well.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Mariposa, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

I'm disabled, but was told upon checking in that only upstairs rooms were available - and NO elevator. Upon checking in (and the room was at an extreme distance from the office, three wings away: I discovered that I had no bath towels; staff promised but didn't deliver them - and as I was already prepared to shower AND on a time schedule, this was a huge nuisance. Pretty noisy - room was near highway. VERY VERY limited "breakfast" - tiny pre-packaged 'buns', small apples/oranges and coffee. Other Extended Stay locations were absolutely wonderful, but not this one... Can't really recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the front - far away from the highway (far end.)
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MaestroLM
Hayward, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

The staff was so courteous and "knew" how to be helpful and they provided great customer service. I will stay here whenever my business requires a visit to Sacramento. Thank you to Ms. Darline Williams and staff.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - South Natomas, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I’m happy that the staff was so accommodating and helpful.

Sacramento, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Had just finished packing and moving and wanted a nice, quiet stay at a decent hotel that was pet friendly. It was everything I needed: quiet location, excellent front office staff, pet friendly, wonderful beds, clean room. I would definitely stay there again if the occasion warranted.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - South Natomas, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm happy to hear our pet-friendly rooms and quiet location were convenient for you during your stay with us! Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.