Tripadvisor
Sacramento
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews manager james helpful attitude denny s greyhound station full hot breakfast eggs and sausage yogurt noisy at night breakfast was delicious rooms are clean very nice stay hotel staff easy access short stay enjoyed my stay stayed one night definitely stay here again
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A room near ours hosted a gathering (10+ people) until after midnight, then an argument broke out at 3:15. Guest services did nothing to fix the issue other than calling for a patrol car (the officer never stopped).

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The front desk personnel were very good.

Our room was large, clean and quiet. Beds very comfortable. Reasonable price. Can't ask for much more from a hotel.

Located close to the interstate.

I would stay here again.

Reviewed January 9, 2020

This location is not a luxury hotel by any means, but it is a great example of “Don’t judge a book by the cover”

I stayed here once for a girl’s night years ago and was pleased to see they’ve done some updates. There are some paint touch ups needed, doors that need to be replaced, and better signage for directions to the rooms, but I was pleased with the updated decor and mini fridge in our room.

The bed was a bit creaky, the walls were thin enough to hear the murmurs of voices, and sometimes hearing the slamming of doors.

Pros:
• New Ice Machines
• Easy access to both northbound and southbound I-5
• 24hr Denny’s right next door
• $7-9 Lyft/Uber ride to Raley Field
• 10 minutes walk to Richards Blvd Greyhound Station
• Free Breakfast that’s more than just muffins, juice, and coffee.
• Close to restaurants
• Reasonable price
• Nearby gas stations, convenience stores, and grocery stores
• Staff was friendly and helpful both at checkin and checkout

Cons:
• Smell I can’t put my finger on (I don’t know if it’s a particular cleaning supply or something, but it was a chemical odor)
• Some people may take issue with the number of indigent people in the area but they didn’t approach or harass us, they were just people trying to live their lives.

If we’re ever in the area and needing a place to stay for a quick overnight: we’d definitely stay here again.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2019

I have been coming back to this motel for business trips every week for over three years. The friendly staff and excellent service is routine and I now take it for granted. That a great breakfast is included make this a great deal on top of all the other amenities. Wifi is fast and reliable, too

Date of stay: December 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed December 22, 2019

From arrival to departure this was nothing but a disgusting place. I read all the reviews and thought we made the right choice for our one night stop. I was so wrong. This is a drug addict and homeless apartment complex.

Yes the property is gated but they don’t shut the gates. Upon checking in we parked and ran into dog poop all over the side walk outside our room. Parties going on in all rooms surrounding us, with “regulars”. Drug addicts scattered around the parking lot tweaking out. Dirty sheets, nasty bathroom, unclean fridge, non working tv, and a gate that would screech every 20 mins upon opening. Why they needed this gate was completely bizarre because the front one was never shut.

We called for tv repair didn’t fix it. We called for noise control, didn’t do anything. If our kids weren’t asleep we would of left.

The beds were awful, pretty sure the sheets weren’t changed. The bathroom was falling apart mold, dry rot, and water damage. The photos do not match conditions.

Breakfast was ok, they did have hot food but I didn’t eat it after how gross I felt from the night. My kids had a bowl of cereal.

When having breakfast the other patrons were greeting each other by name and asking how their parties were. How their kids were and it was clear they lived in the hotel. Even the staff knew them by name.

We left without showering, no one asked how our night was, and thankful with all our belongings. Just do yourself a favor and choose a different place. Don’t take your kids here.

Date of stay: December 2019