WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #3 of 14 Sacramento B&B and Inns
Austin, Texas
“Budget Cool!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2010

This hotel creates its own category: "budget cool." We had never been to Sacramento before and chose this hotel based primarily on TripAdvisor reviews. We were not disappointed. Our room -- which we got for the unbelievably low price of $70/nt -- was spacious and nicely appointed. The bathroom was great and the bed was very comfortable with nice sheets. As noted in other reviews, the area in which the hotel is located is transitional; while there is some development and the area doesn't feel dangerous, there aren't a lot of places you can reach on foot. (It was a short trip to Old Sac and midtown, though.) Because there wasn't a lot nearby, it would have been nice to have coffee available in the room or in the office.
This hotel is definitely a good bargain.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2010

The Greens Hotel and staff made my first, solo and shotgun visit to Sacramento the best vacation decision that I could have ever made.

At first, even the big-city Chi-town gal (me) was a bit overwhelmed walking out of the airport to 90°+ weather, hopping in a cab and driving across the sprawling dried summer grasslands of Sacramento. But, it all changed upon my arrival to the Greens.

You walk up to the place and it's such a warm, modern and fresh take on an a classic motel layout. The patio is blanketed with Cali flora (think cacti, hearty shrubbery), trendy outdoor furniture and mostly shaded, thanks to the thoughtfully arranged aerial sheets of tarp pulled tightly and securely.

I fell in love with my room. Vibrant, avocado green walls make up room "V" (which I stayed in). Layers of light and heavy black curtains over the window give you the option of shaded/partial light to complete darkness (which I neeeed to sleep at night). The contrasting red furniture was such a stylish touch, the black-and-white patterned floral carpet was clean and cute and the crisp, white sheets pulled everything together.

The staff was amazing. Rick and Yvonne were unbelievably accommodating. I could not have dreamed up a more pleasant, hospitable pair. They were the comfort that I needed while I was away from everything that I knew (behind the scenes: I booked the trip to Sacramento because the band I wanted to see wasn't coming to Chicago this summer. I didn't want to visit some close small town so I visited the far-away small city instead). They genuinely wanted to make sure my trip was enjoyable and they succeeded.

Would I stay at the Greens again? Definitely! It was so refreshing to find a successful non-chain, environmentally conscious hotel to add to my much needed vacation. Thanks, Greens :)

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank PeonyLG
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2010

This is my second time photographing models at The Greens Hotel. The Greens Hotel is a GREAT place to work on photo shoots. It is an amazing, colorful, rich and modern hotel to work in. Every single spot is amazing and unique. The personel is very professional and friendly. Prices are very resonable. You should definitely check it out. Your gonna love it. I highly recomend it. I had a great and productive time there.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Eureka, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2010

My boyfriend and I loved our recent stay at The Greens Hotel. Rick, the manager, was super accommodating and helpful. We loved the renovation and all around decor, the bed was very comfy and firm, the bathroom was spotless, and the atmosphere was cozy yet chic, all at a very reasonable price. We have recommended The Greens Hotel to al our friends and plan on staying here next time we are in the area.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2010

I love the concept and the staff. Rooms were fun and the property was wonderful to sit outside and talk for hours into the evening.

The area needs more life to it - but the hotel is a gem in the mine. Rick the manager was incredibly knowledgeable and kind.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Reno, NV
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2010

This is a diamond in the rough. I stayed in room Q and it had two very comfortable beds. It has wonderful designer touches and the people running the place are very nice. I used the pool and loved the privacy of the pool area. It has gates for secure parking and overall I felt very safe. There is a nice library of books to choose from in the office. The area it self appears to be going through a revitalization. I did eat breakfast next door at Lil Joe's and it was your typical greasy spoon diner.

Would I go out of my way to stay here again? Definitely.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Cambridge, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2010

Sacramento seems to be saturated with chain motels with no character so it was a great pleasure to find The Greens Hotel.  They have created a wonderful and hip environment with comfort, charm, brilliant design and a warm, friendly staff.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business