“Almost perfect stay”

Ranked #2 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
New York City
“Almost perfect stay”
Reviewed August 26, 2009

After an annoying stay at the Courtyard, I found this hotel. I've stayed at Homewood Suites before, and I've always had a great experience. This hotel is new, among a new development near the Arco stadium, There are chain restaurants within walking distance, and a shopping mall with movie theaters nearby. The room was impeccably clean, in fact when I checked in a staff member was in there "inspecting" it.

If you smoke, this hotel currently has smoking suites. A big plus if you like to have the occasional cigarette like I do.

Minor Minuses: twice when I came downstairs to breakfast, various common items had not been refilled: napkins, creamers for the coffee, etc. Also, I woke up on my last morning there to find that the maid had forgotten to give me regular coffee.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank fleurdelis007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 24, 2009

I really like staying at Homewood Suites. I stayed here one night before flying out of the Sacramento Airport. As other reviewers have stated, there are many places to eat within walking distance to this hotel. From fast food to nice restaurants - they are all convenient. Took the hotel shuttle to the aiport. It was on time and the driver was very nice. The bed was excellent and my room was very quiet. Wireless internet was complimentary and worked well. Breakfast wasn't that good. Scrambled eggs with cheese, canadian bacon and hash brown patties. Hash browns were really terrible. They also had cereal, muffns, etc. I stayed on a Sunday night and they do not have the evening reception on Fri, Sat or Sun. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank bandit
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 15, 2009

We stayed at the Homewood Suites to be someplace close to the airport for a 6 am flight. We arrived around 5:00 pm and were checked right into our room. The room was spacious and clean. This would be a great property for an extended stay.

We chose this hotel because it had a shuttle to the airport and when we checked in we registered for the 4:40 am shuttle. After checking in, we went into Sacramento for dinner before returning our rental car and using the hotel shuttle to return to the hotel. When we got back to the hotel, the front desk clerk told us that she had been looking for us because the 4:40 am shuttle was full and could we move to 4 am. Needless to say, we were not happy and leaving the hotel at 4 am was unacceptable. If we had known this was a problem when we checked in, we would have kept our car for the night. The clerk (Jennery I think) could not have been more gracious and arranged for the hotel to pay for a cab for us to the airport at 4:40 am the next morning. She handled the situation with professionalism and care. We made our flight on time and would return to the hotel the next time we fly out of Sacramento.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dctravel
Largo, FL
Reviewed August 4, 2009

We stayed at the hotel for on night. It was close to the airport about 5 min drive. Ultra clean, beautifully decorated, free Wi-Fi, complete kitchen, roomy, comfortable bed, great complementary breakfast. The only con is that we were three adults and we left the bed to my sister and my boyfriend and I slept on the sofa bed which was not that comfortable.
Nonetheless I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SacredNatureTraveler
Sacramento Valley
Reviewed August 1, 2009

June - July 2009. I had the opportunity to stay at this new property minutes to the Sacramento International Airport and in the Natomas neighborhood of the Sacramento Metro area. The hotel is next to a Hampton Inn (I've reviewed this property) and a Holiday Express Inn. There is free parking around the property. Check in was smooth and efficient.

I received King rooms as guaranteed.
My room, was comfortable and nicely decorated. The bed was ultra comfortable. The kitchen applicances were new. The desk seat and sofa were not comfortable. Lighting in the room was good with lamps on both sides of the bed, on the desk, and a floor lamp. There is new LCD flat screen TV. Room was cleaned well.

The bathroom was clean. Lighting was good, the towels were plentiful, and the shower worked well – immediate hot water with plenty of pressure. Bath amenities include shampoo, conditioner, and lotion.
The room does have distinct new smell and I was not sure if it was the carpet. It did not bother me but it might others?
There is complimentary breakfast and evening snack which both were good for being complimentary. There is complimentary internet access.
The hotel public areas were clean and well-kept, but could use an updating to the style of the rooms.
with additional lounge chairs. All of the exercise equipment seemed nearly new.
There are several restaurants within a few minutes of the hotel as well as many fast food joints. I would stay here again if I needed to be in the SMF airport area/Natomas area of Sacramento.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank SeminarTrekker
Southern Cal.
Reviewed May 5, 2009

Outside of a couple upscale hotels I been to in the Sacramento area, this one is the best. I can't really comment on the rate as I got a government rate. The hotel is less than 10 minutes south of the airport. The rooms are very big and have a kitchen (stove, dishwasher, full size fridge, pots, pans, plates, etc. My room was like a studio with a queen bed and sofa, eating area. there is a desk as well as a flat screen tv with HD (!!). The bed was very comfortable with lots of pillows and an very soft extra blanket. Towels were very good quality too. Wireless connection was good and there is an ethernet connection but I couldn't get it work (It may have been my computer setup). Room was quite quiet. Full free breakfast - today it was omlete, sausage, bacon, hash browns with all of the regulars (fuirt, juice, cereal, coffee, etc). They also serve a light dinner (5-7 M-Th). I didn't get in until 11pm so I can't comment on but the menu said it was grilled chicken, rolls, and salad bar.
There is a computer room w/ 2 computers and a printer. They left a paper and my receipt at the door. I like this because it speeds up my checkout. Not so sure this is a good spot for families with small children on weekdays as that may be disturbing to the business guests.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Abbotsford, BC, Canada
Reviewed March 19, 2009

We stayed at this hotel on our way down to Southern California, and liked it so much that we stayed there again on the way back.

It is nice and new and clean and inviting. The rooms are a great size, and the one bedroom suite was perfect for our family of 6.

We didn't get to use any of the hotel amneities since we were just there overnight each time. We did enjoy the breakfast twice, and it was a wonderful start to the day. For a family of 6 it provided great savings for our trip (and it way better than the breakfasts served at most hotels we have been it). It is a full breakfast with hot entrees, and all of the regular hotel breakfast food items as well.

It is located nice and close to lots of restaurants (within walking distance) and shopping. We were tired when we arrrived so we really appreciated this convenience.

The 2nd time we arrived the front desk clerk asked me it I had preference for our room location. I thought this was a very nice gesture that happens very rarely at hotels.

We didn't spend any time in Sacramento, so we have no idea how close it is to other things but for us it was a great stopping spot that we will use again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family