Homewood Suites by Hilton Sacramento Airport-Natomas
Ranked #2 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I found the hotel to be okay for the amount I paid to stay overnight. The king size suite I paid for was smaller than one i had previous at another HS facility. The shower and bathroom was good. I like how it had a refrigerator, microwave and stove inside the room allowing one to use it for eating purposes. I did not find any washing material to use once I had finished using a plate and utensils making it a bit difficult to clean. I had to use one of the bars of soap to wash the items I had used.
The hotel did have a bag of microwaveable popcorn which I found to be a nice snack.

The breakfast was not what I had expected it to be as I had a better buffet at another location. They had available scrambled eggs, sausage patties, cold cereal, bagels and bread with some juice. I could not locate any milk except non-fat, which I was not particularly needing. The best was the cook-your-own waffles, which I found to be outstanding versus the other items available that morning. But, beware that breakfast ends exactly at 10:00! Everything is put away once the clock hits 10. It would have been nice if they kept the items out alittle longer to allow late comers to get something to eat.

Room Tip: Look online for the best prices if you do not want to pay high prices. Request a room on the second...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank n w

Reviewed February 26, 2013

This appears to be a newer property. The hotel was clean and the hotel staff was nice and professional. The only negative is that the breakfast was less than desirable. It is close to the airport without being at the airport-- which is nice. It is also close to restaurants. When visiting Sacramento, I would definitely considering staying in this property again-- especially if I have an early morning flight out of Sacramento.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nedradc
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Although the room was slightly smaller than that we'd had at a Residence Inn in Portland, and items at the small store (e.g., beer and wine; much, much more than you'd pay at a market) were more expensive,and, unlike the R.I., there was no in-room safe (seemed strange for an extended stay hotel), the hotel was quite nice, and the evening happy hour good. Free breakfast quite good. Room was extremely clean and bed comfortable. Limited dining optons nearby: mainly chains, including fast food. Although the hotel is very close to Interstate 5, we heard no traffic noise (we did ask for a quiet room away from the free). For the nights we booked, this hotel was the same rate for a studio suite as rooms at the neighboring Hampton Inn (also part of the Hilton network). The hotel is not near downtown or most tourist attractions,but is an easy drive. There is an airport shuttle, which we did not use.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway. Take lots of coins for the laundry room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 4, 2013

This was my first stay at this hotel and I'm hoping that it won't be my last. I was truly amazed at how much is offered at this hotel. The reception in the evening was very good and if I hadn't already made dinner plans, I would have stayed and ate right here. Free beer and wine, with pizza, soup and salad. The soup was excellent! The breakfast was also very nice and filling and was more than just a normal continental breakfast. The room was great with a small kitchen, lounge area with a sofa, a desk as well as a large bed. A very comfortable room. It was within walking distance of the restaurant as well as my meeting site, so it was very well located for my needs. It's close proximity to the airport made it extremely convenient. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: My room was on the third floor and had a nice view of the pool area. I don't know about any of...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 1, 2013

This was our fifth stay at Homewood Suites in Sacramento, and we have yet to be disappointed. The front desk staff is both friendly and professional, the suites clean and well appointed, the complimentary shuttle to the airport convenient and quick, and the opportunity to leave our car at the hotel while we are traveling from SMF (the Sacramento airport) the frosting on the cake. There are numerous fast-food restaurants within a short walk of Homewood Suites, as well as a Safeway and Malabar Restaurant, our favorite place for a pre-flight dinner. They offer complimentary weeknight dinners at the hotel, as well as a substantial breakfast buffet included in the room rate. If you need a place to stay in the Natomas area, close to Arco Arena and the Sacramento International Airport, I highly recommend Homewood Suites.

Room Tip: Ask for an interior room to avoid highway noise. If you need to use the shuttle to the airport, boo...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Always a clean & safe place to stay. Great value and close proximety to numerous fast food and restaurants. 1 bedroom suite is spacious and comfortable. They offer State Government rates. Good breakfast and nice managers evening meal & adult beverages.

Room Tip: 1 bedroom suite very comfortable and spacious.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Overall good and close to airport with many typical dining choices nearby. Gym needs to be updated. Bed comfortable. One elevator. Business center OK. TV options ok, but pay for view movies absurdly expensive.

Room Tip: Interior courtyard is fine.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple