“Only book through a discount site if you don't care about your room!!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Sacramento Airport-Natomas
Ranked #2 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Great hotel, great hot breakfast. We weren't however allowed to make a 2 bed-room request since our reservation was made through Hotels.com....That was disappointing. Everything else was nice.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed September 23, 2011

I've just returned from a week at this Homewood Suite. I was meeting with a group of friends from various parts of the country, & they chose this hotel after a happy experience at a Homewood Suite in Florida. The suites were lovely & we enjoyed congregating in the lobby for breakfast & dinner on week nights. The food wasn't always hot at breakfast, but it was good, & the Manager's Specials were sufficient after lunches out earlier in the day. The beds were very comfortable with soft sheets & plenty of pillows. It was amazingly quiet considering the location on I-5 & not far from the airport.

Our only complaint was that the air conditioning seemed to be regulated by someone other than the room's occupants. Setting the temperature did not seem to regulate it within the room. I had some problem making my reservation. It took 3 tries till the person who answered could find the reservation made for our group. A few of my friends had similiar issues, but everyone on the staff was friendly during our stay. The location is very convenient for going off in different directions on day trips, & the free airport shuttle was greatly appreciated. There are a number of fast food restaurants within walking distance + a more upscale restaurant. There is a Safeway across the road for anyone who wants to cook their own meals. All in all it was a happy stay & we hope there will be a Homewood Suite nearby when we plan our next get together.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 21, 2011

We stayed Saturday night during Labor Day weekend. Busy with many young teens going to an event at the Arena and came back around midnight but our room and hall were quiet all night. The room was unusually spacious, high ceiling, lg. bath, comfy bed, a sitting area plus a compact kitchen that included a full size fridge, 2 burner range, and dishwasher! The complementary breakfast had hot and cold foods, self serve and the staff worked as hard as they could to keep us happy -- despite the unusual number of families who, of course, all came at the same time! It's a great place; I can't wait to return!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 27, 2011

The suites are nicely furnished with kitchenettes, even ceiling fans! Free hot breakfast is good, though they could use more seating for guests. Staff is friendly. One really nice note about this place is the free airport shuttle that is available 24/7 to and from SMF.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank HappyGrandparent
Reviewed August 26, 2011

I booked this hotel online during a week long stay in California. We only stayed one night and departed via Sacramento Airport the following morning. I cannot believe how lucky I was to book such an outstanding hotel. We have never stayed at a Homewood Suites until this stay. I can say we will for sure be staying at this Hotel again as long as it stays exactly the same. This Hotel was immaculate, very courteous staff, super nice rooms that were decorated perfectly, and a great continental breakfast. The Hotel is located in a very nice area that is within walking distance to numerous restaurants. I congratulate the Management and Staff of this hotel for doing such a fabulous job. I certainly enjoyed my stay and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: This Hotel is 4 miles from the airport and is conveniently located in a super quiet area. It is the...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Hot-n-Miami
Reviewed August 24, 2011

We stayed at this HS for three days with another family for our summer vacation before heading to Gold Country. Check-in was smooth and they were very nice about placing us in adjoining rooms. We were on the second floor overlooking the pool and it was pretty quiet with windows closed and lot of people enjoying the pool. Breakfast was like most of the HS we've stayed at. The location is great right off the I-5 but not too close to the airport. There are many fast food options to choose from and one upscale restaurant all within walking distance. This was a great base for exploring Old Town Sacramento & the Capitol.

Good: Free parking, easy access, breakfast included (enjoyed the variety), pool & basketball court, food options within walking distance, quiet (considering it's close to airport), comfortable & roomy rooms

Could be better: more patio furniture for pool area, no towels in pool area(you had to get them from the front desk) & maybe a used towel bin to throw them into, fix the treadmill in fitness center (there were two & only one worked), what happened to the fresh oatmeal with brown sugar & raisins? They only offered the instant packets.

This HS worked for our familes and we will visit again if in the area.

Room Tip: Get a room close to elevator, hotel is shaped in U and front desk is connected at only 1 end, long w...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank twinmom8
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I stay at Homewood Suites for my business trips whenever I have the chance. Generally, they're a very good value, and in addition to clean, comfortable, quiet rooms, and really nice, usually competent, staff, they have nice amenities, like a laundry room, fitness room, pool and spa, business center, and highspeed wireless. I also LOVE the fact that the rooms are just like a little apartment, complete with a fully equipped kitchentte. And, of course there's the famous full breakfast and Manager's Special - buffet dinners, Mon - Thurs. This hotel was no exception, and over all I recommend it to the business traveler or vacationing family.

Here's the "but" - the manager's specials are getting to be pretty crappy. They weren't that way even as recently as two years ago. Oh, they've never been absolutely great, but hey, the cost is included in their already very reasonable room rate. The thing is, they're one of the major selling points for this hotel. I love that I can cook in my room (or get take-out, or bring home boxes from restaurants) but the fact is I've been in the habit of choosing HS over some comparably priced, comparably amenitied (if that's a word) hotels when i travel for business because of the Manager's Special - when I get back to my home away from home after a long business day, I would just as soon NOT have to go shopping or to a restaurant. So when the food offered is generally the cheapest possible, virtually inedible, 3 out of the 4 days...well, it means I have to go out, or shop and cook.

So HS guys, please...stop skimping on the MS. It may make your quarterlies for the stockholders look a little better, in the short run, but ...you're on the verge of losing this customer. And for gosh sakes don't start doing that with the breakfasts, too, or you really will lose me. And, comparing notes with my colleagues who also travel alot, them too.

Also, I have to say - seriously? a hotel this size has two, count them two, computers in the business center? and the fitness room, teeny-weeny...and, a few more signs sprinkled around pointing to the lobby, would that break the bank? 'Cuz it was really hard not to keep getting turned around and I was waaaay in the back.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business