“Fantastic Sushi at great price”
Review of Mizu

Mizu
Ranked #280 of 2,023 Restaurants in Sacramento
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Buffet
Dining options: Buffet
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I was looking for something different but quick. This was great seafood sushi, tuna, salmon, shrimp and eel. The tuna was as good as the tuna that I had in a fabulous restaurant in Juneau, Alaska. The deserts included a great mango pudding. This was at least two steps above a typical chinese/japanese buffet and better than most sushi bars. The clientele were mostly locals and although there is a sign visible from the street the restaurant is hard to find. It is worth finding.

There are newer reviews for Mizu

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Tuna, salmon, saba (mackerel), unagi (eel) were plentiful. Perhaps I am not a sushi connoisseur as some reviewers (although we've had sushi in Japan) but we found the quality to be considerably better than your average buffet style restaurants. In addition to sushi, there are a number of good Asian dishes to choose from..fried squid, 3 types of soup (Miso, eggflower, hot and sour soups), Singaporian Noodles, Yakitori, Teriyaki chicken, pot stickers, mussels, clams, different types of fish, poki salad, seared ahi, and many more. Much to our surprise, there was even noodle bar. At the end of the noodle bar, they had barbecue ribs, roast duck, barbecue pork, and beef stew. And if you have room for dessert, they had green tea ice cream, mango ice cream, strawberry ice cream, sesame seed balls, coconut pudding, blueberry pudding, macaroons, various cakes, and some type of coconut tapioca chilled soup. And yes, a selection of fresh salads and fruits. Bottom line...we didn't hear anyone complaining. Yes, we recommend it.

Reviewed June 3, 2012

Mizu's used to have excellent quality sushi at a great price when they first opened up. Sadly, the quality has gone down dramatically and the price has gone up. I would not come back here, and it's sad because it used to be my favorite place to eat.

2  Thank bobmowad
Reviewed April 5, 2012

4 of us had lunch today at Mizu. Great value for the money and we all agreed we would return with some hesitation. They sell shark fin soup on Friday and Saturday nights and although I understand this is a deeply rooted traditional dish, we will all be watching to make sure they stop selling by July 1st 2013....this is last time you can use CURRENT stock-piles of the product. When they stop selling shark fin soup, I will give them a higher rating. ("Brown signed another bill by Fong, AB853, that allows existing stocks of on-hand shark fins to be sold until July 1, 2013") Do the right thing Mizu.....stop selling shark fin soup! The 4 of us are watching!

1  Thank Steve K
Reviewed February 24, 2012

This is a Japanese/Chinese buffet. There was so much good food here that I wanted to eat more then I could hold. I was nervous about buffet sushi because of (1) freshness and (2) I don't like spicy. The labeling didn't tell me much, but I had about 4 different kinds - all excellent - and none spicy, yummy! I had macaroons and cream puffs for dessert and both of them were great (unlike many buffets where the desserts taste stale). The lunch was $9 which is a little more then I normally pay for a quick lunch, but if you're real hungry, it's worth it. I would definitely go again.