“Quailty went down and price went up!” 2 of 5 stars

Mizu
Ranked #266 of 1,941 Restaurants in Sacramento
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian, Chinese, Sushi
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sacramento, California, United States
“Quailty went down and price went up!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

We have been going to this restaurant since it opened, sometimes with groups of 10 or more. The quality of food has gone down and the price has been going up. Our last and final trip was Nov. 27th, 2011. The food was poor and service extra sad. And to add insult to injury when we got our bill they had added 15% tip in advance. I brought it to my server's attention and she says it's their policy. I always thought tips were something you earned by providing good service not just by showing up to work. I'm VERY DISSAPPOINTED with this policy and GOODBYE Mizu.

• Visited November 2011
2 Thank Sunil S

Sacramento, California
“Mizu for dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

For an in town seafood buffet, this place is pretty good.
Service: Decent. The servers cleared away our plates failry quickly, brought water to everyone timely.
Food: Selection of seafood is very good. Several different serving stations....(ie: sushi, won ton noodle soup, ice cream/dessert, and the rest of the food)
Atmosphere: Very open and casual. Good for large parties.
What I liked best: The variety of food for dinner. Loved the flat fried fish.
What I liked least: There was only a $1.00 discount for seniors.
$16.99 per adult.
$1.25 per person for tea
Around $1.40 per years old for children.
Solid 4 stars.

• Visited November 2011
Sacramento, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“not as good as it used to be.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

They used to have boiled crab legs. then they changed that and the crab legs were dry. now they hae an entirely different type of cab that is deep fried. Thes crabs are pretty good since they have some size to them and are hot. but no as good as steamed crab legs. They do not have the steak dish that they had before and it was one of my favorites. The sushi is great. they have a very large selection and it is always fresh. The service has always been very good. I have never had any complaints about their service. It has always been top notch. Frindly, courtious, and always there with drinks when you need them

• Visited May 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Genx1000
Vacaville, CA
“Yuck!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2009

I am surprised to find that people thought this was good food. It wasn't nasty but it wasn't good. The only tasty thing that I put in my mouth was some green beans. I found myself wondering why I was wasting calories on food that was not worth eating. About the service.... Although there is a sign that says "Pay at the Table" I got sick of waiting to pay at the table. My guess is that the service staff has yet to read the sign.

• 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“nice environment, pretty...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2009

nice environment, pretty good food

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook