“History”

and up
Sacramento Scavenger Hunt Adventure
Ranked #6 of 173 things to do in Sacramento
More attraction details
Owner description: This historic area of restored buildings, museums and novelty shops brings life to the Sacramento waterfront.
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The buildings looked great but not much in the way of history or local artisans. To many stores with cheap "tourist" T-shirts.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

I live in Downtown Sacramento. Nearly every Saturday, I enjoy a good long walk. One of my favorite walks is down to the river. I stop at Cafe Rio for a cool down, sipping ice tea at the bar and catching up with the friendly staff. I also bring business lunch mates to Rio during the week. Rio offers valet parking, river view outdoor seating and an excellent spinach salad. Sometimes I will visit the very accurate gypsy fortune teller at the north end of Old Sac. A new tradition for me is to see that all babies i know have a one of a kind sweater from the Peruvian shop! And best of all...when I am treating myself....I stop by Taylor's Art and Soul for a beautifully hand crafted pair of earrings. Old Sac is no tourist trap...it's my neighborhood!

Reviewed August 17, 2013

There were quite a lot of stores and interesting shops to investigate. A lot of them were tourist traps and not my taste, but some... The Rio City Grill was great, cannot say enough about Evangeline's, and Danny's Mini Doughnuts... well you will need to experience it all yourself.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Nice place to visit if you have nothing to do on a Saturday or Sunday evening. Most of the time the weather is awesome. And there are a lot of places, just to walk around and keep yourself entertained. If you have people visiting from out of the country, it is a great place to take them.

1  Thank msb16
Reviewed August 16, 2013

This was the final stop on a long vacation and could have just been an overnight stop. Instead we spent an afternoon, evening and following morning in the Old Town. It is interesting and atmospheric wth lots of things to see and do. We had a nice meal and did the fantastic tour of the underground sidewalks, which were brought to life by our lady tour guide, and the way she explained things. The Old Town is highly reccomended.

1  Thank dragon04

Been to Old Sacramento? Share your experiences!