“not the best tourist site”
Review of Old Sacramento

and up
Sacramento Scavenger Hunt Adventure
Ranked #14 of 185 things to do in Sacramento
More attraction details
Owner description: This historic area of restored buildings, museums and novelty shops brings life to the Sacramento waterfront.
Reviewed January 24, 2013

"Old Sacramento" is full of junky tourist shops and sleazy tourist eateries. If you're going to visit Sacramento, it should be low on your list except for the railroad museum, which is spectacular. Go to Sutter's Fort or the Capital before you go here.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,666)
All reviews
in 24 reviews
"joe's crab shack"
in 32 reviews

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had a great time wandering around here one afternoon. the shops are all super touristy but it was beautiful and sunny and we didn't mind one bit. We had a great chat with a local visitor information guy, Michael M. He gave us some advice for happy hour that was great and just generally made our visit to Old Sac even nicer.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Looks like a tourist trap, smells like a tourist trap and the stores sell many Sacramento souvenirs than it must be a tourist trap. Still not too bad of a place to visit and a good place to buy that souvenir t-shirt or mug. Just like any other tourist trap there are many people walking around and some wondering why they are here. For me I like to hang with the locals and not with other people visiting the area, so I would not make a return trip here. I could see how this would be a good place for the kids.

Parking can run about $1.50 per hour.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

There are several good restaurants there. Try the Pilothouse Grill at the Delta King Hotel. There is also a great little theatre in the lower part of the boat. They do musical parodies. It's called Sacramelo and is a great family venue. My family and I saw Dracula vs The Wolfman there and laughed so hard our stomachs hurt.