“Back in time”

Sutter’s Fort State Historic Park
Ranked #7 of 170 things to do in Sacramento
More attraction details
Owner description: Recreation of John Sutter's fort.
Sacramento, California
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Back in time”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Place to go.
Well-equipped Fort
Kind and good knowledge guides.
I was a couple of time at Sutter's Fort and I it is every time nice.
You can take picture in- and outside!

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Sac-Muc

Reno, Nevada
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 108 helpful votes
“Definitely worth visiting for a little of California & Sacramento's history”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

The Facility is a nice museum that shows the history of Sutter's fort which was a very important part of California's history in the 1800's. School children will enjoy a chance to see the real history come alive.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank hagar2935
Oakland, California
66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 160 helpful votes
“Glad I Visited”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Stayed for birthday at Sacramento Sheraton, three people at check in desk rather me visit Sutter Fort than some pub for trivia! Glad I did! Learned about John Augustus Sutter and the Gold Rush in Sacramento!

I liked the live demonstrations, such as Diane or it is Diana of the Maidu tribe did a cooking demonstration! There was demonstration of loading the musket, how to check for safety! The other Camp Counselor said when they say "FIRE IN THE HOLE," to cover your ears! Very loud! There was also fur trappers demonstrations!

I high to recommend visit Sutter Fort! Obviously Sacramento has different characters (John Sutter, James Marshall, Sam Brannan) than we have in Oakland California! Was so glad I listened to friends at Sheraton and spent day at Sutter Fort!

Visited July 2013
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Passing around hot beaver skins....not my idea of fun”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Maybe 106 degree temps wasn't the best time to sit outside for stories, but I was bored to tears. all I could think about was the homemade ice cream being churned next to me. when the animal skins were passed around for the audience to admire, I was about ready to walk all the way back to GA. I applaud the effort and reserving the Fort, but I definitely wouldn't suggest this one.

Visited July 2013
66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Never know what you may find next to a hospital”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Very interesting! It is amazing how this fort sits right in the middle of a hospital complex. A nice presentation at each station you come to. You will enjoy a visit here!

Visited October 2013