“Beautiful but no Poetry”

Peju Province Winery
Ranked #7 of 26 things to do in Rutherford
More attraction details
Owner description: When Tony and Herta "H.B." Peju relocated to Rutherford from Los Angeles 32 years ago, they brought with them a vision of building a winery, an unwavering work ethic, and two young daughters who soaked in the couple's entrepreneurial spirit and love for Napa's beautiful farmland. They established Peju Province Winery and dedicated themselves to welcoming guests and to crafting exceptional wines from their organically farmed estate vineyard. Still family owned and operated today, Peju Province Winery has transformed over the past 32 years from a simple grape growing venture into a landmark winery celebrated for elegant, complex, and balanced wines in the classic Bordeaux varieties.
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

For a couple of years I've been reading about the poetry and songs from the hosts at Peju. Sadly, that aspect of the visit is evidently over. But the property is beautiful, the wine is both interesting and good (they have a white and red blend, for example). The gift shop is great and the grounds are beautiful. So, go but don't expect singing or poetry from the servers.

PejuWinery, Guest Relations Manager at Peju Province Winery, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Hello Jim,
Thank you for stopping in and tasting at Peju on your recent visit to the Napa Valley. We do still entertain with poetry, song and some days even wine raps. You just visited us on a day when our Vintertainer, Alan Arnopole was on vacation. Please visit us again and ask for Alan next time.
Kind Regards,
Dan Gaffey
Guest Relations Manager
dgaffey@peju.com

Reviewed August 11, 2013

This was my second favorite winery. (Frog's Leap was my first!) Peju has a beautiful property. We loved all the flowers and statues around the property. There's also a Koi pond, although it seems way too small for such large fish! :-(

The gift shop was nice. They had a lot of pottery and pretty wine-related gifts.

The wine tasting was very nice. The woman gave us some history about the winery and the owners of the winery, which really added to the experience. The tastings were generous and we were able to get into the tasting for free, because an app (I don't recall what the name of the app is. Just look up wine tastings in the Apple store.)

Overall, this was one of our favorite wineries.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Set in beautiful backdrops of mountains and vistas, this winery is perhaps our favorite in the area. They have such a Nepalese influence, and there is also appealing art displayed in the winery. Wonderful wines, waitstaff and setting!

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

I've been here a few times. I brought an out-of-towner friend. The ground is simple but the view from the 2nd floor is beautiful.
Their Merlots are often voted winner by experts. I like their patio wine, Provence. It's light & easy to drink. This is great for people who don't really drink wine.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

During our recent stay in the wine country my wife and I were deciding which winery's to visit by looking thru the local guide. We chose several that we knew, but I kept telling her that we needed to go to Peju. Not sure what made me feel drawn to go there, because I never heard of Peju, but after visiting Sequoia Grove we headed there. Beautiful property, grounds and art work. Our tasting host Richie was superb. He was intuitive, friendly, funny and very well educated in wines and the region. By the time we left, we felt that we had made a new friend and will keep in touch with him. Oh, The wines were fantastic too. We joined the club and ordered a case to be shipped back to Sedona.
Peju is also dog friendly. We travel everywhere with our pup Zotz and this was the first winery that he laid down, splayed out and relaxed. I guess he just felt as comfortable as we did. Can't
wait to go back next month.

1  Thank Bob R