“My New Favorite Wine (and dog friendly too!)”

Peju Province Winery
Ranked #6 of 26 things to do in Rutherford
More attraction details
Owner description: When Tony and Herta "H.B." Peju relocated to Rutherford from Los Angeles 32 years ago, they brought with them a vision of building a winery, an unwavering work ethic, and two young daughters who soaked in the couple's entrepreneurial spirit and love for Napa's beautiful farmland. They established Peju Province Winery and dedicated themselves to welcoming guests and to crafting exceptional wines from their organically farmed estate vineyard. Still family owned and operated today, Peju Province Winery has transformed over the past 32 years from a simple grape growing venture into a landmark winery celebrated for elegant, complex, and balanced wines in the classic Bordeaux varieties.
Sedona, Arizona, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“My New Favorite Wine (and dog friendly too!)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

During our recent stay in the wine country my wife and I were deciding which winery's to visit by looking thru the local guide. We chose several that we knew, but I kept telling her that we needed to go to Peju. Not sure what made me feel drawn to go there, because I never heard of Peju, but after visiting Sequoia Grove we headed there. Beautiful property, grounds and art work. Our tasting host Richie was superb. He was intuitive, friendly, funny and very well educated in wines and the region. By the time we left, we felt that we had made a new friend and will keep in touch with him. Oh, The wines were fantastic too. We joined the club and ordered a case to be shipped back to Sedona.
Peju is also dog friendly. We travel everywhere with our pup Zotz and this was the first winery that he laid down, splayed out and relaxed. I guess he just felt as comfortable as we did. Can't
wait to go back next month.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Bob R

South San Francisco, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great wines!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

We visited Peju during the 4th of July weekend and while they were not extremely busy we did have a 15 min wait for our tasting. Their wines are good, I was in in party of 4 and we each purchased a bottle. They charge $20.00 for a tasting of 4 wines and we were given a bonus taste of their Zinfandel, the problem I had was that we were being provided a much smaller amount than the other folks in our group even after pointing it out to the gentleman. Maybe he had a few to many glasses of their Zinfandel before his shift and therefore could not figure out how much he was pouring in each glass?

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Debbie A
Palm Harbor, Florida
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“my favorite stop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

I stopped in to this winery having never heard of it, but my sister wanted me to pick up a bottle for her birthday. We went ahead and did the tasting and were not disappointed. We walked around after checking in and they came and got us for our tasting. We were 1 of three couples. The gentleman that did our tasting was great. Told us just enough information without boring us or overwhelming us. We tasted 7-8 wines and a casual pace - not too fast and not too slow. The tasting room was gorgeous - all quartz - including the floor! We were not rushed at all, and there was no pressure to purchase, although we did so and even joined their club we liked the wine so much. This was our favorite stop in 2 days. I highly recommend the experience. Although, FYI, the wine delivery timeline for "regular" deliver is a bit slower than they told us, which was not a problem, but thought I would mention in case you're on a deadline.

Visited June 2013
Redmond, Washington
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great for large groups; wine is average at best”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

I had driven past Peju more times than I can count so we finally decided to stop in when we noticed there weren't massive tour buses parked out front. This is inherently the issue I do have with Peju; as a tourist spot I am sure it is way up there but if you have been to Napa many times and/or are looking for a more intimate experience you will be a tad disappointed here.

As I mentioned, Peju usually caters to large groups so even when you do go in when it does not look crowded they lump you into a group for your tasting. The staff is very friendly but they do have a large number of people that they need to cater to so while they will describe the wine to everyone if you have questions or want more detail this can be challenging as they frantically fill up glasses of everyone.

In the end, it always comes down to the wine and unfortunately I can say that the wine at Peju is really quite average. As a large producer I can understand this but with so many other options in the area I can't really recommend stopping at Peju unless you are looking for a place that can accommodate a large group.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank james h
Santa Monica, California
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Upsell Central”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

My two friends and I were visiting NAPA with the intent of sampling some great wine and ambiance to compliment our hobbyist interest in authentic vineyard wine production. Situated just next door to the Esteemed Landmark Opus One and down the Road from Robert Mondavi Vineyards two of NAPA Valleys now corporate strongholds we were optimistic that this smaller still closely owned vineyard would provide a genuinely enjoyable smaller tasting experience of some quality wine without the generic corporate upsell experience you experience at many other wineries in NAPA. Needless to say we were gravely disappointed after we handed over our two for one tasting voucher to be poured less than our share of a tasting while being heavily upsold at every step of the tasting process by a self-proclaimed senior rapper who rapped as he poured our wine. Making matters worse the wine tasted a modicum better than grape juice. You're better off saving the circus of a senior white rapper performance and at least being able to accurately anticipate what grade of wine you will be sampling by skipping this place and heading over to Beaulieu Vineyards or may even Sutter Home would be better cause at least you know what you're getting into.

Visited February 2013