“great wines”

Peju Province Winery
Ranked #6 of 26 things to do in Rutherford
More attraction details
Owner description: When Tony and Herta "H.B." Peju relocated to Rutherford from Los Angeles 32 years ago, they brought with them a vision of building a winery, an unwavering work ethic, and two young daughters who soaked in the couple's entrepreneurial spirit and love for Napa's beautiful farmland. They established Peju Province Winery and dedicated themselves to welcoming guests and to crafting exceptional wines from their organically farmed estate vineyard. Still family owned and operated today, Peju Province Winery has transformed over the past 32 years from a simple grape growing venture into a landmark winery celebrated for elegant, complex, and balanced wines in the classic Bordeaux varieties.
long island NY
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“great wines”
Reviewed January 28, 2012

I bought wine after tasting we had a great time at this winery beautiful grounds really good merlot

Visited January 2012

Petaluma, CA
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Classy”
Reviewed January 24, 2012

Between the entrance, the fine wines, and the art gallery - you will enjoy your time at this great winery.

Gardnerville, Nevada
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Informative presentation and good wines.”
Reviewed December 17, 2011

We stopped in at Peju just off the street on an unplanned trip. It was already 5 pm on Sunday, but they were very helpful. The tastings are limited to 3 couples I believe, we got served right away. They threw in extra wines and forgave the tasting fee if you bought as bottle. Very informative discussion.

Visited December 2011
United States
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 134 helpful votes
“To me it's losing its' lustre”
Reviewed December 7, 2011

For several years, Peju was on my must stop list when I visit Napa (Generally once a year).

This last visit will have me re-evaluating that. Perhaps it was just the day I visited, but it was mayhem inside. A members function upstairs and apparently, if the Internet goes down, it throws a real curve ball to the sales people to sell their product.

I walked in knowing exactly what I wanted and ended up waiting 10 minutes to buy it while the staff chatted behind the counter. One of them knew I wanted to purchase as she'd directed me to go to the counter in the first place.

Apparently, the cash registers don't function when the Internet is down?? Another couple next to me commented that they were waiting far too long to pick up their purchases as well (apparently they were members picking up something)

Others were waiting to do tastings and wondering why they had to wait so long.

I discovered another winery this time round that I will put on my list ahead of Peju on future trips. Perhaps they've gotten too large/popular for their own good. A shame really, because had I reviewed them after my first visit there, I'd have given them an excellent.

Visited December 2011
Highland, Michigan
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“A cannot miss!!!!!!!”
Reviewed November 22, 2011

This was our last visit on our day trip around Napa and we just loved it. We had a great time. We had Allan as our guide and he sang. It was so much fun. We sang along and laughed and had GREAT wine. I would go back again and again. But be sure to have a reservation. We saw several waiting in line and it did NOT look fun! XO to the Peju!!!!

Visited November 2011