“Sparkling Wine, again Sparkling Wine!!!!”
Review of Mumm Napa

and up
Napa Valley Wine Tour - Small Group
Ranked #2 of 26 things to do in Rutherford
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Okay, so I have to admit. Experiencing sparkling wine was super fantastic. I don't think my palate was ready for such a bubble tasting. As a wine consultant I was able to receive two comp tickets and the 3rd half price for the guided tour. Awesomeness before fun could begin. After learning a great deal about Sparkling Wine I thought I was ready, nope not so much until the 1st sip. The host which assisted the ladies &I provided 3 sparking tastings alongside 3 additional reserved sparking tastings. MY GOS! I was in SPARKLING FLIGHT WINE HEAVEN.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

You are able to sit and relax and enjoy the views. You take a seat either outside or inside and a waiter comes up and explains the different tasting you are able to do. Just make sure the tasting you choose to do are wines you are able to buy. Unfortunatley out of the 4 wines I was able to taste the 3 I liked are only available to club members :( Just wished they would have told me that..I didn't want to buy anything I hadn't tasted. I will def be back though since it was just an overall wonderful experience. You can get a cheese plate but we skipped the food and just ate lunch in town.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

This is my second favorite bubbly in the valley, you'll find great views of the vineyards and wonderful staff to serve you. Easy to get to right off of Silverado Trail. We started our trip here, it was a good kick-off!

Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Took a tour with tasting with France - it was fabulous. Very nice property (not as commercial of a feel like Chandon, for example). Small, intimate, very interesting. Champagne was delicious. $25 for tour, which included 3 tastings - very worth it!

Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

My family and I took a trip to Napa. There were 10 of us, so we made reservations at most places due to the large party. My mom made the reservation at Mumm for the group. We arrived, a man at the counter said he would let our 'guide' know we were there. About 10 mins later a man named Matthew came and asked me if I was with the party of ten and that he had been waiting for us. I tell him we were told to hang around the gift shop and someone would come get us. We gathered the group and followed him outside where there were 2 large tables with a reserve sign on them. He told us that we could split up and sit at both tables. We let him know we would rather just squeeze and all sit together at the large table. He didn't seem thrilled with this decision. After that, he provides us with tasting menus. That's when we ask him about the tour, he tells us we were not reserved for a tour and that the last tour left at 3. The time of our original rez, but we were running late, called and they said nothing about missing the tour. At that point, we were already a little turned off my our waiters customer service. We decide to just order tastings off of the menu and get out of there, as it wasn't an enjoyable experience. We chose Mumm originally because it was much cheaper for the tour compared to Shraumsberg, but if you are traveling with just a few people, choose the latter if you want to taste sparkling wine!