“What a beautiful winery” 5 of 5 bubbles

Frog's Leap Winery
Ranked #1 of 23 Food & Drink in Rutherford
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Frog’s Leap was founded by John Williams in 1981. Started on a shoestring budget even the name itself was ‘borrowed’ by combining Stag’s Leap, where John started his Napa Valley winemaking career, and the Frog Farm, where the early vintages were made. The winery was relocated in 1994 when John and his family moved Frog’s Leap to the historic Red Barn in the heart of the Rutherford appellation. This grand and welcoming building was built in 1884 as the Adamson Winery and sits amongst some of our 200 acres of estate grown vineyards. Over the past 30 years Frog’s Leap has earned an enviable reputation with our unique combination of a whimsical label, sincere dedication to sustainable principles and our small, handcrafted production of wines. Over the years to come we look forward growing and learning more about ourselves, our wines and how we can share it all with honesty and genuine hospitality.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“What a beautiful winery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

Frog's Leap was by far my favorite winery that we went to over the weekend. The grounds are so beautiful that they look like they are straight out of central casting for a Tuscany winery. The wines were delicious too. When in Napa you really need to go to this winery.

• Finnish first
“Enjoyed Frog's Leap”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Very fun and interesting winery. Their tour was fun and educational. They'll show you the vines, soil, all the way to getting it all in the bottle. Their Rutherford 2009 reserve was perhaps my favorite wine I had in Napa. Will be back again!

Visited March 2013
Covina, California
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“one of the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

I heard about Frog's Leap on Wine Country television show. I brought a friend who knows the region well and knows about wine. She was so impressed that she brought multiple visitors. All the good comments are true. What attracted me to the winery was there green, organic, solar approach. They even can supply neighbors with energy. I do not know a great deal about wine and the guide explained a lot and was very patient. True, the portions are more generous than most and the patio setting is not only relaxing, it is great for people who are not as mobile as others or have difficulty standing for long periods. The snacks are delicious.

Visited July 2012
California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Didn't even get to the wine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

The grounds were stunning. We spent so much time wandering the grounds & taking photos that we didn't even taste wine. A must see location.

1 Thank PugLovin
Marlton, New Jersey
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Favorite Winery in Wine Country”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

After spending the week in Sonoma/Napa with my mom for her 60th birthday I can't wait to bring my friends back to Frog's Leap. You could sit in their beautiful gardens all day drinking their amazing wine. We didn't have a reservation but they were extremely accommodating. Julia was very helpful in telling us what we were drinking and making us feel comfortable exploring their beautiful facility. The smell of Wisteria in the air had me not wanting to leave! We visited over 10 wineries while in Northern California and this was easily my favorite! Great value too tasting with a small plate of cheese and nuts for $20.

1 Thank psushan03