“Loved it!”

Frog's Leap Winery
Ranked #1 of 23 Food & Drink in Rutherford
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Frog’s Leap was founded by John Williams in 1981. Started on a shoestring budget even the name itself was ‘borrowed’ by combining Stag’s Leap, where John started his Napa Valley winemaking career, and the Frog Farm, where the early vintages were made. The winery was relocated in 1994 when John and his family moved Frog’s Leap to the historic Red Barn in the heart of the Rutherford appellation. This grand and welcoming building was built in 1884 as the Adamson Winery and sits amongst some of our 200 acres of estate grown vineyards. Over the past 30 years Frog’s Leap has earned an enviable reputation with our unique combination of a whimsical label, sincere dedication to sustainable principles and our small, handcrafted production of wines. Over the years to come we look forward growing and learning more about ourselves, our wines and how we can share it all with honesty and genuine hospitality.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We loved Frog's Leap Winery! We found the staff to be friendly and informative. We thoroughly enjoyed our flight of wine tasting and self-guided tour of the vineyard, orchards, gardens, barn, etc. It was a beautiful day in Napa when we visited, and the Frog's Leap Winery was everything we imagined and more!

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Beautiful winery, lovely tastings on the porch with cheese and crackers, no extra charge like bouchaine. Even had a dry soda tasting for free since I was driving. Loved the gardens, rockers.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Really comprehensive tour, great back story and terrific wines. Worth a visit to this organic, biodynamic winery. You will learn a lot and taste some really great wines.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Fabulous. Loved the ambience, casual, laid back atmosphere. The grounds, house, and area was very well kept. Employees were hospitable and welcoming. And the wine was excellent. I only wish they shipped to Indiana. I'd have joined their wine club.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

To begin with I have purchased and drank Frog's Leap cabernets in the past which are excellent reds. On Tuesday afternoon (9/12/12) I took off from some meetings and drove out to the winery in order to see their winery and do a flight tasting. It was one of the most enjoyable experiences sitting on the veranda and sampling some excellent wines along with cheese and crackers. The hostess, Shannon, took time and explained general information about their vineyard and its history. She returned later to see how I was doing and to see if I had any questions. I mentioned to her that I was curious as to the difference between their cabernet and the Rutherford cabernet. She then explained that the wine is made from very select grapes harvested from one special place in their vineyard and is referred to as Rutherford Dust. She then produced a sample of the Rutherford cabernet for me to compare to the standard cabernet. I don't claim to be a wine expert, but I could definitely smell and taste the subtle difference between the two cabs with the Rutherford exuding a taste and scent of what I termed earth.
Thank you Shannon for a wonderful experience with the only regret that I did not take off from the meetings on Monday afternoon to visit your winery.

1  Thank Foxnv