Tripadvisor
Rutherford

“Great lunch on a Sunday before Christmas”
Review of Rutherford Grill

Rutherford Grill
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Rutherford
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great lunch on a Sunday before Christmas. Service was a bit slow but the food was good. I guess if you are relaxed and not in a hurry you don’t mind to slow down the pace. The salads were great and ribs as good as we remembered.

Date of visit: December 2019
1  Thank garciamarquez
Write a reviewReviews (1,858)

Reviewed January 19, 2020 via mobile

The portions have gotten much smaller. The corn bread we loved was dryer than usual and the size of the burgers have decreased significantly. They had more cheese than meat. They don't serve fountain drinks nor refills anymore, instead you get a little bity tiny coke glass bottle. Erased it from my list of favorites. Not worth the money. Service was good and open kitchen cooks outstandingly professional.

Reviewed January 18, 2020

Wow- bistro-like menu with first rate service and comfort. We had lunch and a bottle of Napa wine- fabulous!

Reviewed January 15, 2020 via mobile

We were starving after touring several vineyards in Napa and wanted a light lunch before tackling the next vineyard. The Rutherford Grill was just the place. Located on the main road in Napa (in Rutherford). Only thing is that because of its good location, it was jammed ! However, time passed quickly while waiting for a table inside as we enjoyed cocktails outside in very comfortable Adirondack chairs under a pretty umbrella. The Anubis Blanco and Tanqueray bevies were delicious. Inside, the place was packed - sort of like a NJ Diner at lunchtime! Very festive, & jumpin. More bevies while waiting for our lunch of Caesar & Rock Shrimp Salad, and a Giant Iceberg Wedge with tons of real Blue Cheese Dressing + Blue Cheese Crumbles. If the tables are fully booked, you can sit at the very large U shaped bar and have lunch there. Fantastic. Highly recommend this restaurant. Timing is everything though. Try to get there before the lunch crowd.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed January 13, 2020

I came here with friends for lunch recently, the first time I've been here. I'd made lunch reservations but we were running late - I called to let the restaurant know and was told that they would only hold the reservation for 15 minutes but that they shouldn't have any trouble getting us a table if we were later than that. We ended up being about 25 minutes late but sure enough, we were seated right away in a nice booth. Service was very quick and friendly. I ordered a grilled chicken salad, with local greens, sliced grilled chicken, tortilla strips, and a honey-lime vinaigrette and peanut sauce - really delicious. Our food came out quickly and we finished our meal in about 45 minutes without feeling rushed at all. Very impressed with my experience, and I'll certainly be back if I'm looking for a place to eat in the Rutherford area.