“Breathtaking views. One of My Best Lunch EXPERIENCES Ever.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Auberge du Soleil Restaurant

Auberge du Soleil Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Auberge du Soleil Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Rutherford
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: One of the first great Wine Country establishments, the Michelin rated Restaurant at Auberge du Soleil pays tribute to its legacy with an award-winning menu and wine list. Executive Chef Robert Curry’s inspired cuisine reflects the natural diversity and rich ingredients of California’s Napa Valley and draws from regional produce, accented with Mediterranean flavors. Wine Director Kris Margerum’s wine list, the largest and most extensive in the valley, showcases the very best from neighboring vineyards.
Denison, Texas
“Breathtaking views. One of My Best Lunch EXPERIENCES Ever.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

I have eaten lunch here with my husband twice, first in the fall of 2012 and again in the fall of 2013. When I travel to Napa Valley again this fall, I will most likely eat lunch here again. I highly recommend eating at the Bistro Bar and sitting on the patio. The view of Napa Valley from the deck is stunningly beautiful (the drive up the hill to get to the restaurant is as well). The food is average, but the aesthetics from the views to the gorgeous hotel make dining here special.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Korean first
San Diego, California
“Are we in France?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

We had the most perfect lunch experience on the outside Bistro Bar patio. We had a table by the railing overlooking the valley covered with vineyards. We shared the flatbread with hummus, sundried tomato, and eggplant dipping sauces. Each bite was a burst of flavor. Then we shared the Profiteroles, the best ones outside of France. The music was the perfect finishing touch, just the right volume. The waiters were attentive and friendly as well.

• Visited July 2014
Houston, Texas
“Beautiful Views - Average Lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had lunch at this restaurant as a mid day break during our wine tour. The restaurant has a gorgeous setting overlooking Napa Valley. The problem is not the setting or the staff - it's the food.

Food - below average. Granted this was lunch but the salad and risotto I had was nothing special. It wasn't bad - just forgettable. It was pretty much what you would expect for a upscale hotel restaurant.

Service - decent. The service was a touch slow at times but nothing horrible. There were no great offenses but also no great touches either.

Wine List - ok. I didn't really get into the wine list but want to make a comment - don't out your wine list on an ipad. I love iPads (I am writing this review on one). But the depth and character of a wine list is completely lost on an ipad. It could be a list like a cheap red sauce Italian restaurant or a tome like Guy Savoy. I wouldn't know because it's in the ipad.

Atmosphere - amazing. This is where this restaurant saves itself. Beautiful view and well appointed al fresco tables.

Overall I wouldn't return. This isn't as much because of the experience but there are so many options in Napa.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank JCollura
Stamford, ct
“Excellent food, but control your crowd”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

One of the best lunches I have ever had. A beautiful setting... make absolutely sure you get seating outside. The service was excellent even though they were juggling a huge holiday weekend crowd. Our dishes arrived simultaneously for each course and the waiters were very attentive to our needs, practically knowing them before we did. Only complaint: please don't allow small children to play with their gaming devices without headphones. Be brave enough to correct your client pool.

Visited July 2014
Tampa, Florida
“Very Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

Dining on the terrace was lovely, the view spectacular BUT the service was terrible and the food only average at best! Dinner for three was $675 with an average bottle of wine. The Duck was not cooked to my requested doneness, it was beyond rare! It took 3.5 hours to complete a three course dinner. Obviously the kitchen was in a turmoil because the restaurant was almost empty at dinner. The wait staff didn't bother to check on us between courses to see if we needed anything. Spend your money somewhere else. Try LaToque in Napa, it was Superior.

• Visited June 2014