“Dine with a view”

Auberge du Soleil Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Auberge du Soleil Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Rutherford
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: The Restaurant at Auberge du Soleil offers a fine dining experience from one of the best vantage points in the valley. With 1q consecutive Michelin Stars, Executive Chef Robert Curry’s Mediterranean-inspired cuisine reflects the natural diversity and rich seasonal produce available in the Napa Valley. The Bistro & Bar offers lighter fare throughout the day in a cozy fireside atmosphere or outside on the wraparound deck. The dining outlet provides a great opportunity for guests to explore new wines with an ever changing selection of more than 40 wines by the glass.
Reviewed July 4, 2014

The bar and bistro has out door seating perched on the side of a mountain. Beautiful view. The food was made with fresh ingredients. This would be a great spot to break for lunch, or during sunset.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,216)

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Sharing dinner in a party of 6 on the Auberge's bar terrace. This menu is informal and we selected dishes via tapas style. We had the special pizza, Manila clams, fried calamari, charcuterie plate, cheese plate, chicken wings, short ribs followed by a large plate of warm cookies and cherries dessert--all wonderful. Attentive service, stupendous view, great day.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

what a place a formal restaurant and a more chilled bar area, no bookings so arrive early
the view is just the best , over looking the napa valley, the foot hills just breath-taking
the Bar food is best described as Californian Tapas, real mixture of styles and fusions
the Bone marrow dish is amazing
very relaxed, no dress code.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I celebrated my son's graduation here and we had a great family dinner with pristine views of the Napa Valley sunset. Being a one-star Michelin restaurant, it is bound to be expensive, but I was surprised to see that it was not over the top in prices (depends on the wines you order, really). From the warm greeting at arrival to the seating and the friendliness of the staff, you feel welcome. They helped us adequately with the wine selection and pairing and got it spot on. Even when I insisted on getting something from Napa Valley for a particular dessert, they politely told me to take the French one, and they were right. The food should be carefully selected since not all items are great, but most are exquisite. Its only a one-star and it does not deem to be any better, either in terms of food or price. If you really want the 3-star experience, go to The French Laundry at Yountville. But Auberge du Soleil is a great experience by itself, and a must-go-to place if around Napa. They have a place where you can have a casual dining experience as well.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

In brief (details to follow, if you want to read it): bad wine choice from the sommelier, despite telling her exactly the type of wine we wanted; waitress putting the wrong order in for one of the main courses; waitress forgetting my dessert wine that was to be served with my dessert (came to serve it after my dessert plate had cleared). Bottom line - poor service.

I had been here before and the first time, it was a great experience. So, I decided to share this experience with my wife and her family for the first time, and I was very excited to show them a great evening. First problem was with the wine. I asked for some help from the sommelier, providing examples of the types of wine we like and she recommended one that she said was very similar to those we like. Upon tasting the suggested wine, I asked if it would soften a lot as it breathed and was assured it would. It did not, even after a couple hours, it never softened as described.

The second problem was the orders for the main course. My wife ordered a wyagu (sp?) beef, which is of course a very special and specific beef dish, two others ordered a regular beef meal and I had lamb. Well, out came 3 regular beef and one lamb. I asked which was the wyagu and they said none. The waitress offered to make my wife's dish for her but my wife did not want to wait as the rest of us already had our meals so she ate it anyway. The products were all excellent and prepared superbly, just the way we wanted so there is not criticism of the kitchen for the quality here.

The third problem was that I had asked for a dessert wine with my dessert and the waitress came to serve my dessert wine after my dessert plate had already been cleared since I had already finished it. She asked if I wanted it anyway (on the house) but no, it was too late since it was to accompany the dessert and I never saw the waitress from the moment we ordered the desserts until she came afterwards to offer me the dessert wine I ordered (other serving staff brought our desserts out).

To her credit, she took off one entire meal from our bill. Considering that was a 3 course meal and hence not cheap, that was very kind of her. However, for a restaurant of that calibre, and a Relais & Chateaux, that is definitely unacceptable.

I was disappointed and I will have a very hard time returning in hue he future or recommending to others. It is a shame because it could be an amazing experience if they improve something so simple as the attentiveness to the service.