“Not quite what I expected from a Michelin star restaurant.”

Auberge du Soleil Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Auberge du Soleil Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Rutherford
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Good for: Scenic view, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: One of the first great Wine Country establishments, the Michelin rated Restaurant at Auberge du Soleil pays tribute to its legacy with an award-winning menu and wine list. Executive Chef Robert Curry’s inspired cuisine reflects the natural diversity and rich ingredients of California’s Napa Valley and draws from regional produce, accented with Mediterranean flavors. Wine Director Kris Margerum’s wine list, the largest and most extensive in the valley, showcases the very best from neighboring vineyards.
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

To have an accurate and fair review, one must visit an establishment at least three times. But restaurants abound and so, my taste buds must be pleased at first bite! Only one item out of 6 tickled my fancy when we came here for my birthday lunch. I'll have to go back and see how it goes. Or not.
Love the view from the terrace and the garden with whimsy art pieces.

1  Thank ChonaG

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Arrived at 11:30, early for lunch and glad we did; were offered the casual dining or fine dining areas; choose casual and by 12:00 the terrace was full. Ordered the charcuterie for 2 with assistance from the knowledgable waiter; while I'm a foodie there were some meats (sausage, etc) I'd never heard of. Rutherford is a winery and a ranch and thus processes their own meats. Choice of 4 meats, toasted baguette slices, cheeses, ground mustards, whole caper berries , gherkins, cocktail onions, olive selection and of course wine! All my husband's favorites with an outstanding view of the valley as a backdrop. Expected to pay much more than we did but think lunch was $60 before tip. Because its a crowded area parking wise, they offer free valet parking. Would return tomorrow without hesitation!

1  Thank Valerie523
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We spent a week in Napa and Sonoma and Auberge was the standout of the 12 meals we had there. We could have eaten there 3 or 4 more times and struggled to settle on only one item for each course. Everything we ate was special. No tweezers we employed to serve the food but it was truly elegant, the best of produce, plated hot and impeccably served. I was sceptical of the wine list on an iPad but was totally sold on it by the time I had chosen our wines - it doesn't feel as romantic as hard copy leather bound but so much more information and so much easier to make a shortlist and eventually close. We had to have dessert though the portions before had us struggling and again they were superb. What an evening. Gosh I nearly forgot to mention the beautiful surroundings and the million dollar view - also the best in the valley. We will return and wished we had a free night to go back this time. Bravo!! 3 stars not 1 for us.

3  Thank qualitypreferred
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Fair pricing for such a wonderful view, well-prepared delightful food, and attentive smart staff. I was dining by myself and the kind hostess provided me some reading material about their hotels which I am still enjoying. I will definitely return. Only downside was not the restaurant's fault. An hour after my seating, several empty-nester couples were seated a couple of tables away, complaining loudly about their grown children non-stop. Please be mindful of this poor behavior when sitting in the outdoor seating area as the conversations can carry quite a bit, and re-seating won't fix it.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

20 years ago we were married in a hot air balloon in Napa. That evening, after tasting and touring we went to Auberge for dinner and had one of our more memorable dinners. Since then we eaten at a lot of great restaurants, in many cities in many countries. Given the fact that we have "matured" as diners, I was prepared to be disappointed, assuming there was no way this restaurant could live up to my romantic memories from that day. We weren't disappointed in any way. The view is gorgeous, and of course that hasn't and won't change. The food was stellar, and the service was attentive without being overbearing. The wine list is superb, and diverse enough that none of the wine we ordered was even from California.

Like I said as I started, Auberge hasn't lost a step even as our personal bar for restaurants has been raised.

1  Thank WineGreg