“Best service and dining view of the week”

Auberge du Soleil Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Auberge du Soleil Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Rutherford
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: The Restaurant at Auberge du Soleil offers a fine dining experience from one of the best vantage points in the valley. With 1q consecutive Michelin Stars, Executive Chef Robert Curry’s Mediterranean-inspired cuisine reflects the natural diversity and rich seasonal produce available in the Napa Valley. The Bistro & Bar offers lighter fare throughout the day in a cozy fireside atmosphere or outside on the wraparound deck. The dining outlet provides a great opportunity for guests to explore new wines with an ever changing selection of more than 40 wines by the glass.
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Fair pricing for such a wonderful view, well-prepared delightful food, and attentive smart staff. I was dining by myself and the kind hostess provided me some reading material about their hotels which I am still enjoying. I will definitely return. Only downside was not the restaurant's fault. An hour after my seating, several empty-nester couples were seated a couple of tables away, complaining loudly about their grown children non-stop. Please be mindful of this poor behavior when sitting in the outdoor seating area as the conversations can carry quite a bit, and re-seating won't fix it.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,220)

Reviewed June 18, 2014

20 years ago we were married in a hot air balloon in Napa. That evening, after tasting and touring we went to Auberge for dinner and had one of our more memorable dinners. Since then we eaten at a lot of great restaurants, in many cities in many countries. Given the fact that we have "matured" as diners, I was prepared to be disappointed, assuming there was no way this restaurant could live up to my romantic memories from that day. We weren't disappointed in any way. The view is gorgeous, and of course that hasn't and won't change. The food was stellar, and the service was attentive without being overbearing. The wine list is superb, and diverse enough that none of the wine we ordered was even from California.

Like I said as I started, Auberge hasn't lost a step even as our personal bar for restaurants has been raised.

1  Thank WineGreg
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Just drinks and yummy appetizers on the terrace watching the sunset over a truly stunning view of the Napa Valley. Just beautiful...

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Probably one of the best restaurants anywhere. Yes, it is quite expensive ($105 price fix for 3 courses), but I would pay it again in a heartbeat. The view is incredible from the veranda, the service is outstanding, but the food - oh, the food. Everything was delicious and unique. There were four of us at dinner and everyone LOVED his or her food. There are many complimentary touches presented during dinner.

2  Thank Lucille M
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Recently dined with family for Sunday brunch. The views are spectacular first off. Second, our wait staff, especially Dave, was attentive and knowledgeable about the menu, and of course, wine pairings. My burrata and tomato appetizer was luscious, and just enough. (So often restaurants dump a huge amount of burrata on a plate that is not appetizing at all.) Other great appetizers - an onion tartelette and scallops, and a potato gnocchi that made my mouth water. My entrée was a perfectly cooked seared halibut, served with artichoke hearts with Meyer lemon. Other members of the party had a vegetarian risotto - again perfectly cooked, and a luscious lobster omelet. Most were too full for dessert, save for sorbet, and one person had a delicious pound cake with rhubarb. Overall a great experience that was worth the price tag.