Review Highlights
Interesting

Off the beaten path, good wines, allow time to enjoy the experience. Both Whites and reds are... read more

Reviewed May 4, 2017
Veronica G
Seattle, Washington
via mobile
What a real tasting room should be

No glitz, no lawn, or bloated expression of wealth. Just a simple barrel room with one stunning... read more

Reviewed May 1, 2016
Napajon
Napa Valley, California
via mobile

All reviews family owned winery tasting room cabernet sauvignon cabernets wines appointment napa vineyards
Reviewed June 24, 2017

They could sell more wine if the person in the tasting room had a personality instead of being a cranky old man. I think that had the person leading the tasting had a personality then the wine would have seemed even more worth purchasing.
Having said that it has been over there weeks since I was there and the wines have not arrived at home and I've also left an email about this and no response.

Reviewed May 4, 2017 via mobile

Off the beaten path, good wines, allow time to enjoy the experience.
Both Whites and reds are really good!

Reviewed August 13, 2016 via mobile

Tried calling twice before heading over to Pina and it went straight to voicemail, with a note saying the mailbox was full - no chance of speaking to someone. We went there, seeing a sign on the Silverado trail which read 'new release' and had multi-colored balloons. Upon entering the tasting room, we were 'greeted' (in vey loose terms) by a woman who told us she they had an event that day and closed at 3.

So, we didn't get to try anything, and despite my feedback to her that it might be helpful to put a sign down on the trail at entry to note that it was closed, she was extremely rude and unapologetic.

We love Napa cabs but will not be giving this place another visit.

3  Thank aubree27
Reviewed June 1, 2016 via mobile

I had asked a wine consultant which winery would he visit if he only have one to choose for the wine; he suggested Pina. We had driven by it numerous times but the appearance never compelled us to visit. The Pina tasting room is really a storage area with a small table, with glasses and wine. Our expectation was minimal. There was a small group outside under the tree but no one else. I have been to pehaps a hundred vineyards and tasted hundreds of wines. The appearance belied reality. Pina is among the best wines I have ever tried. Deep, concentrated, rich, jammy. The wine is simply fantastic. But that is not all. Jane and Leslie are wonderful purveyors of their wine. Occasionally in life you experience that magical moment, an honest interaction over a beautiful wine with wonderful people; Pina was that over the rainbow snippet in life for us. Next time to Napa, we'll be back.

Reviewed May 28, 2016

Beautiful red wines from a family operated winery. Simple tasting room with no bells and whistles like you would expect from other wineries of Silverado trail. Trust me, the reds are outstanding.