“Do the tasting!”
Review of Cakebread Cellars

Cakebread Cellars
Ranked #7 of 26 things to do in Rutherford
More attraction details
Owner description: This winery specializes in producing wine to go with particular types of food and sells most of its wines to restaurants throughout the world.
Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

I did a $15 tasting which you get to try 6 different wines (3reds 3whites); after you pay they give you a glass and pour your first wine for the tasting.while drinking your first wine they give you a quick tour around before entering inside into the tasting room . All I remember trying was their Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon, and their blend that had a hint of fig which I can't recall the name of but it was my favorite red blend so far. Our guide was great and very knowledgeable also very friendly! When I earn more I'll go back and buy that red blend!

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"first stop"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed July 5, 2017

This is a busy spot, probably because the price is right, compared to the other wineries nearby. Nonetheless, we were able to get an appointment with only an hour's notice. Our group of 8 was led to a room right off of the lobby, where we stood on a concrete floor and tasted 6 wines. The bar area where the server poured was not big enough for more than 3 people to stand around.

Our server was very friendly and enthusiastic, but we did not care for any of the wines. Still, a great value in the area.

Reviewed June 25, 2017 via mobile

For 15$ you get to taste 5 or 6 different wines. Our guide Alyssa Marie was great and we had a lot of fun. Beautiful place and a relaxed vibe. It was our best stop!

Reviewed June 20, 2017 via mobile

First, I think it's worth mentioning that I booked my tour for the wrong day and only noticed 2 hours before when I thought my tour was. Cakebread was super helpful and accommodating by fitting me and my group of 3 others although we weren't able to do the original in depth tour we planned for. I never asked them to refund the difference between the two tours and cakebread had the integrity to give me the $40 difference. The wines are delicious and worth the price of the tasting. Crissy, our guide was very knowledgeable and could answer every question the group threw at her. The day we came it was over 95 degrees out so we didn't want to buy wines that day because they'd be left in our hot car. When we went back on Friday Don was nice enough to give us another tasting of the wines we planned to buy just to make sure we remembered what they tasted like. The only reason I didn't give Cakebread 5 stars was the property. Many of the other vineyards we visited took us through the grounds. Maybe it was just because they're under construction but it would've been nice to have walked around a bit rather than standing behind wine barrels the entire tasting.

1  Thank Hollie S