“Great Tour”
Review of Cakebread Cellars

Cakebread Cellars
Ranked #7 of 26 things to do in Rutherford
More attraction details
Owner description: This winery specializes in producing wine to go with particular types of food and sells most of its wines to restaurants throughout the world.
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Cakebread gives a great thorough tour with delicious wine to taste. Lots of great history and information about the wine making and the pairings. Love the Chardonnay!

All reviews
in 11 reviews
"barrel room"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Cakebread was on the short list of wineries I wanted to visit on a recent trip to Napa, and it didn't disappoint.

Upon arriving we were promptly greated and sent out on a tasting "tour" of the property with our guide. The tour involves visiting different areas of the property (inside and outside) while tasting the various varietals available. The tasting was very reasonably priced considering the number of pours you receive and the fact Cakebread is such a quality product. It was great to hear about the Cakebread family history, and the passion behind the wine. I was also surprised at the low volume they produce, which no doubt keeps the product as good as it is.

Great stop!

Reviewed September 23, 2012

When I look at some of the negative comments, I wonder if we were at another vineyard! From the moment we drove into the entrance someone met us and welcomed us and directed us to open parking. Then as we got out of our car, another person greeted, welcomed and directed us to the entrance. On entering, I noted that the tasting is done in groups, at a specific time. What a really good idea. I asked if the I could get the 2 for 1 special that was on my Winery Finder app. Without hesitation, the lady checked my credentials, and we were in for half the price. Whilst we waited for our tour, another host came up and made welcoming small talk. Then Jo arrived and introduced herself, and never forgot our names until we left. The 30 minutes we were with her, were informative and interesting. I would highly recommend Cakebread Cellars.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Some nice wine options but terrible experience. Took our private tasting group to a curtained area in the warehouse for our tasting. Incredibly cold and absolutely uninviting. Not worth the price to say the least. They ruined an otherwise nice day.