“More Relaxed Than I Expected”
Review of Cakebread Cellars

Cakebread Cellars
Ranked #3 of 26 things to do in Rutherford
More attraction details
Owner description: This winery specializes in producing wine to go with particular types of food and sells most of its wines to restaurants throughout the world.
Reviewed June 29, 2012

For some reason, probably because at home it's one of those pricier wines, I was expecting Cakebread's tasting experience to be "stuffy". Well, from the moment I got out of my rental car, my experience at Cakebread wasn't anything but super pleasant. All the Cakebread employees were really nice and super helpful in getting my purchase (not only Cakebread's wines but others) delivered home.

The tour was nice but, for me, nothing spectacular. I purchased a couple of bottles of wine I can't find at my local shop and look to open them on a special occasion.

What did annoy me, and it has nothing to do with Cakebread, were the people on the tour using their cell phones. People...where the frick are your manners?

Reviewed June 26, 2012

Some of the top white wines produced in the Napa Valley can be found here...small winery but terrific wine!

Reviewed June 24, 2012

Highest quality wine tasting experience with empahasis on education. Central Napa valley location next to Highway 29

Reviewed June 21, 2012

My cousins and I booked the food and wine pairing while in St. Helena. The staff were extremely accommodating and understanding when I told them about a food allergy in my party. Summer was our tour guide. She was fun and knowledgable. Her approach to the descriptions of the wines were all in laymans terms which I appreciated. The appetizers served with the wines were delicious and paired perfectly.
The one comment I will leave which is a bit negative is the wine clubs are very expensive and not something I could see the average wine drinker signing up for.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

Cakebead requires reservations which is fine and when you arrive they escort you to one of several small tasting rooms that accommodates about 6 tasters. The tasting process is very conventional. You've already paid about $30 per to taste, but the hostess pushes the wine club pretty hard. The wine is very good.