“Not as good as I was expecting”
Review of St. Supery Winery

St. Supery Winery
Ranked #9 of 26 things to do in Rutherford
More attraction details
Owner description: St. Supéry Estate Vineyards & Winery is a 100% Estate Grown, Napa Valley sustainably farmed winery. We are located in the renowned Rutherford growing region in the heart of Napa Valley. Our vineyards and winery are certified Napa Green. We are proud to be recognized for our exceptional Sauvignon Blanc, Cabernet Sauvignon and estate red and white blends. All of our wines are estate grown, produced and bottled. We welcome visitors daily from 10am to 5pm, and we offer unique, interactive wine experiences by appointment. You might even meet our wine dogs, Gigi and Gus!
Reviewed June 29, 2010

I read a lot about this place on TripAdvisor and was really looking forward to coming here. The place is fine, but it did not really meet my expectations. The self-guided tour was somewhat confusing and rather dinky, and the art gallery was less than impressive. We did a tasting downstairs that was pretty good. Our wine-pourer was VERY attentive and great, so she was really the highlight of this trip. The wine was fine. The estate was pretty. Overall I give it an enthusiastic "eh."

Reviewed March 31, 2010

My boyfriend and I recently spent a couple of days in the Napa Valley, and St. Supery was the favorite stop for both of us. We received excellent service from Joe in the tasting room there. St. Supery was only the second winery we visited on our trip, and he took his time explaining to us about the different appellations of Napa Valley and let us try wines made of the same type of grapes from each of their two vineyards to compare the taste. He also gave us great recommendations for restaurants in the area. St. Supery's limited edition 2008 Dollarhide Sauvignon Blanc (different from their regular Sauvignon Blanc), 2000 Dollarhide Cabernet (which we were able to try even though it wasn't on the tasting menu), and 2008 Moscato were the wines we purchased, and they stood out as probably our favorites out of all the wines we tasted at 8 different wineries. We were so impressed with their wines that we joined their wine club, something that we were not planning on doing. I recommend St. Supery for both the quality of their wine and their hospitality!

Reviewed October 1, 2009

We were taken here by our good friends and wine lovers on a recent trip to San Francisco. The winery is beautiful, the wine is yummy and the staff friendly and helpful. The woman who helped us was a lot of fun and very knowledgeable, we all had a blast. This winery was not overcrowded and filled with buses of tourists like some of the other ones we passed. You got personalized attention from enthusiastic people, unlike another winery we visited where we were treated like just another unimportant tourist! I would recommend this place to anyone!

1  Thank kaykay75
Reviewed October 4, 2008

Not sure what this last reviewer was speaking of, as I have taken frends here for years and the only thing we have ever experienced is fantastic, friendly staff...and the wines just keep getting better & better. Heck...these guys were just named "Winery of the Year" by Wine & Spirits Magazine...don't miss this stop on you next Napa tour. Thank you to the very passionate & professional team @ St. Supery...you guys/gals ROCK!!!!

Reviewed August 26, 2008

Unlike the LAST reviewer... I loved this winery. The staff was superb! The was the first winery on our tour and they let me ask, and ask, and ask some more questions! I loved the Elu, the Sav. Blanc, the Virtu, and the Merlot was even good. I had to join their wine club! I have gotten two cases of wine shipped, and they give you free shipping and 20% off the case price. If you are a snooty flatlander who only drinks $100 bottles of wine, you may not like it.