“Fantastic getaway!”

Auberge du Soleil
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rutherford
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great visit to this gorgeous property. Just a romantic long weekend getaway with my sweetie. Even thought it was under two hours drive from home, it felt like another country. We rode bikes in the wine country, ate fabulous food, swam, played tennis and generally relaxed. Husb raved about the massage in the spa. Need to make this an annual visit!

Room Tip: The newly remodeled rooms -- Biarritz 3 and 4 are glorious.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Visited for lunch and was one of the best of my life. Food, wine, service and views were incredible. Well worth the splurge! Make sure you book outside, the views are best in the valley. Made our trip.

1  Thank Jessica O
Reviewed May 26, 2014

We could not be happier with our experience at Auberge du Soliel, simply stated it surpassed all of our expectations! Arriving late we found the room completely stocked with goodies and treats, including the "to die for" cookie plate and a cheese and charcuterie selection. The room has everything you would expect from a hotel of this caliber and then some, every thought has been taken into consideration, medicine cabinet, Bose, great bath amenities, yoga mat and every creature comfort you would find at home. However it is and always will be the service when it comes to Auberge. The service is top, second to none. The staff knows your name at every turn, and we could not figure out how they how. Upon arrival a perfect greeting, using our name although we had not given it yet, glass of wine at reception, perfect. Then as your stay continues, they surpass each moment with one example of why they are the best after another. The staff is trained so well, it makes it so easy to never want to leave. Thank you, we will be back!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 22, 2014

When we first got there we were disappointed with the suite we were assigned to but were able to move to a smaller room with a view. For the cost... very expensive .. . you expect updated rooms but after a night we were so comfortable and happy in it. The room was clean comfortable and felt even larger after we asked them to take out a bench, table and chairs from the room. The refrigerator was stocked and was complimentary. We didn't eat anything or drink the bottles of wine... what were we thinking:))) There was a nice outdoor deck to get some sun and view too.

The restaurant service here is unsurpassed. Maggie, the outgoing one, was the best server we've had ever! Getting everything we wanted and prepared to perfection. Breakfast is included. All of our servers were the best we've ever had. We had a killer green beet ginger smoothie and poached eggs over organic steamed greens! Custom ordered. Plus the view from the outdoor patio is incredibly beautiful. You are up high overlooking the Valley and one morning in the distance we saw a dozen of hot air balloons. One day we saw a beautiful couple get married right below the restaurant. Love is in the air here!

It's very California casual here. Not stuffy. Relaxed and people dress nice but not showy.

Sharon the concierge made sure everything happens. You won't find a better managed hotel ever!! The staff knew our names.. we were impressed. Deanna (manage) and Joe at Valet... love them too! I love that there was water, tea and coffee always available. Also the gym was stocked with water, fruit and nuts. We also took a complimentary Mercedes convertible out for a spin.... How fun is that in Napa! A little different from our hybrids back home. My husband know wants a little convertible Mercedes!!! Thank you Mercedes!

Don't forget to try little pieces of chocolate in the reception area. They make it there. I ran out of my Unreal peanut butter cups (my fave) but was happy to find this delicious chocolate.. I had so much that they suggested I buy some at $15 a bar. Delicious. They made them fresh for me.

The location is great! Loved the Town of ST Helena and the Bothe State Park for Hiking.
Well we can't wait to go back to Auberge. They make you feel so welcome and special!

Room Tip: Ask for room with unobstructed views of the Valley. They are starting to update the rooms so if you...
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Everything about this place is first rate. The service, food, grounds, spa, and proximity to wonderful wineries. My wife has many food allergies but the chef and wait stafff were very accomodating. It's pricey, but well worth it. We can't wait to go back!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I'll keep it simple because I am that upset. The plumbing did not work, waited 40 minutes for a remote control to operate the television AND the hotel inadvertently RELEASED my card information to a third party provider. I was erroneously charged $265.00. The Auberge response was "they are sorry" but it is now between "me and the third party provider." I think not ! Not when the Auberge is the sole reason for the third party receiving and charging my card - disgraceful.

3  Thank bellelise2014
bradley20, General Manager at Auberge du Soleil, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2014

Dear bellelise2014,

Please accept my apologies for your experience during your recent visit to Auberge du Soleil. We pride ourselves on great hospitalty and service, unfortunately we clearly fell well short of that during your stay. I want to thank you for taking the time to share with me your situation so that we may look to avoid a similar problem in the future. I would like the opportunity to discuss your experience and look to find a resolution so that we may redeem ourselves. I can be reach at my direct line (707) 967-3131 or bradley.reynolds@aubergeresorts.com, I look forward to hearing from you.

Bradley Reynolds

Reviewed May 11, 2014

Great food, people and amenities...rooms beginning to be in need of updating, but very clean, all the amenities, fantastic views of the valley. Wait staff, chef, food quality were all excellent. Pool is a great hangout after the winery tours to unwind and be pampered.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Gregg O
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rutherford
Bardessono
Villagio Inn and Spa
Villagio Inn and Spa
#6 of 6 in Yountville
Calistoga Ranch, An Auberge Resort

Been to Auberge du Soleil? Share your experiences!