Auberge du Soleil
Harvest Inn(St. Helena)
$409
$359
Hotels.com
El Bonita Motel(St. Helena)(Great Value!)
$196
Travelocity
Southbridge Napa Valley(St. Helena)(Great Value!)
$365
Hotel St. Helena(St. Helena)
$199
North Block Hotel(Yountville)
$410
Vintage House(Yountville)
$545
All reviewsoverlooking the valleynapa valleysculpture gardenhalibutmichelin starmain restaurantfour seasonsfrench laundrywine countryglass of winecalistoga ranchromantic getawaybeautiful propertysilverado trailmercedessuitespa
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 21, 2013

This was our second trip to the Auberge. While very pricey, it represents the pinnacle of California elegance...relaxed but gorgeous in every way. The staff was friendly, courteous, and professional without being the least bit obsequious.or haughty. The suite was beautiful. And, unlike so many high end hotels today, they did not stoop to charging us for wifi, parking, or in-room amenities. How refreshing. Four Seasons...take a lesson in how to treat you guests!!!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Yes, we may balk at the prices they charge but you get what you pay for here --- quality, satisfaction and comfort. Everything is top notch. Every detail is taken care of. After a horrendous stay at Bardessono, it felt infinitely good to return. There is no comparison.

The rooms have recently gone under some kind of refurbishment. Our room seemed a little smaller than our previous room but it was still spacious, luxurious and beautiful. Our patio that looked out in the distance made us feel like we were back in France. Glorious. Turn down service made our room so nice to return to every night after dinner. The fireplace was lit, lights turned down low, music set to something soothing. Perfection!

The property is spread out and one can go for days without seeing the staff unless you need a ride to the main building, are dining at the restaurant, having a treatment or hanging byt the pool. We had numerous tastings and drove around a lot so we appreciated not having to valet all the time like some places. There was ample parking right outside our block of rooms.

Housekeeping staff is are unintrusive. We hardly saw them but our room was spotless and fresh every day when we returned. We had a fridge and basket of goodies that were generously stocked and replenished daily. Sometimes it was handy to grab a few packets of nibbles before we headed out to tastings. They were delicious too.

I love the bathroom. The huge square tub comes replete with candles, pillow and TV to watch. Their amenities in the bathroom are my favorite. They smell divine. Not cloyingly perfume-y but eucalyptus and spa-like. I also love that the resort tries to be green. The shampoo, conditioner and bath foam are in refillable containers.

Our closet was a decent sized walk in with soft slippers, lint removers, umbrella, etc.. everything you'd need for your stay.

The only complaint I had was at breakfast. After waiting an eternity, they tried to serve me a Japanese breakfast with congee and told me that's what's done everywhere. Wrong! The Chinese breakfast comes with congee. The Japanese one comes with rice. Then they said they were ending breakfast service and couldn't make any rice. I ate around the congee and was charged anyway with no apology. However, when I brought this up at check out, they apologized and promptly took it off the bill.

Although service and some staff can be a little stilted, I believe they are warming up. The reception people, the bell boys who give you rides in their golf carts are all so nice. But the concierge made my stay this time. My friend and I were crazy about the little coconut macaroon bites they have at check in and the breakfast buffet. When asked if we could have the recipe, he went one step further and took my friend and I back into the kitchen to meet the chef Paul Lemieux. Chef Paul not only gave us the recipe, he patiently explained and showed us how to make it. ( By the way, he was just on TV on the Barefoot Contessa). Formidable!

The pool, spa and gym were all clean, wonderful, well kept, never crowded despite us being there in August.

Despite the breakfast hiccup, this stay could not be faulted. I would return in a heatbeat. We had a great time and felt so pampered.

Room Tip: Our room, Lorraine #2, was not a top category room but it was spacious, had a patio with gorgeous view and had all the bells and whistles. It was a 5 minute walk up to the reception and we were across from the poo/gym area but it was quiet and serene. I don't know how it could get any better unless you were in a huger bungalow. Our room was perfect.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Beaverhousen
Reviewed September 20, 2013

The rooms are great. I just came from the Meadowood resort and I like it better. The natural beauty of the resort was so much better there. They had wood fires and decks overlooking the hills. I feel a bit trapped here in this court yard after that. We only get to have a little fake log in the fireplace . If you are all about the room and do not care about the hiking and open spaces you will like it.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

For my birthday trip this year I asked to go to CA. Once Napa Valley was suggested, I knew I wanted to go to Auberge de Soleil, since we had visited there many years earlier,but only for dinner. The experience was far beyond my expectations. The room was a beautifully decorated one with a sweeping view of the valley and mountains in the distance. Food was amazing, the pool was relaxing, and the spa was PERFECT!!! I'm looking forward to returning on some other birthday trip!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Views are amazing, Room is amazing, pool area is amazing, food is amazing & basically everything is amazing. Care is taken to think of absolutely every small detail. Beds were very comfortable, amenities were great & the design of the room was just perfect. We enjoyed our breakfast thoroughly and the complimentary Mercedes was definitely an impressive touch. Would return to this resort in a heartbeat. No complaints at all.