“Special lunch with outstanding views!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Auberge du Soleil
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rutherford
GreenLeadersGold level
Connecticut
“Special lunch with outstanding views!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

Our niece recommended we make reservations while in Napa to eat a "nice"' lunch on the terrace at Auberge. It was a lovely April day and the views were beautiful. Food was very good, service was great. So glad we went! Book in advance!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

We had the pleasure of dining here as part of our honey moon. We had booked in advance and hadn't requested a specific table location so we were delighted when we were given a table on the terrace central to the wonderful view that cascades around. My wife had scallops for her starter and lamb for her main, whilst I had lobster to start and beef for my main. I cannot fault any of the food and can only talk of my delight. We have been fortunate to eat in some very special restaurants over the years and this tops the lot for us. Our mains were followed by the cheese menu. This was simply divine. The local rose champagne and wine choice just topped it all off and ranks as one of our best food experiences to date. The service was fantastic and very friendly. There was no hint of snobbery that can sometimes exist in fine dining establishments. Napa has a lot to offer foodies and I will definitely be making a visit here again!

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
West Palm Beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

we arrived at this hotel expecting the best, and I can now safely vouch that this is indeed among the very best hotels in the USA if not the world. Everything is perfect. The rooms, the amenities, the view, the friendliness of the staff... the food is simply outstanding. The spa is very good with staff that are truly great professionals. We will definitely come back... soon I hope!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lhbz
Venice, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

This was just an amazing resort! We were treated to 2 nights in this beautiful place by some of our customers/friends! The views from the restaurant were just amazing looking over the valley. Of course the service was just out of this world!

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room at this resort! Everything was just perfect.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

I was given a gift certificate by my children for my 70th birthday. It was a very generous gift. The place was just a little hard to find but well worth the effort. They greet you w/ a glass of wine & some snacks which you can have all afternoon. The place is situated on a hill so all rooms have a nice view from your balcony. It is not necessary to pay for an upper valley view as you have a great view from restaurant. The room is large & the bathroom is huge. Everything in your room is for you. There is wine in the frig & snacks & fruit for which there is no additional charge. They also have a program w/ Mercedes so when we were picked up to go to breakfast in the golf cart, the driver said that no one had packed the convertible yet & did I want it ( was this a trick question)? He dropped the keys on our table & after a delicious breakfast the was included in charge, we drove off to explore wine country. The help were extremely courteous & called you by name within an hour of registering. The bed was extremely comfortable & the bedding even better. There were plenty of big fluffy towels & a nice robe in room. Great place to spend some time at. There is nothing negative to say about this place.

Room Tip: all rooms are great & not necessary to spend extra for upper valley view as it gets dark & t...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I just went there for brunch on Sunday. The view is amazing and the Michelin rating is accurate.

The brunch is a pre-fix menu with 4 course. For 4 courses plus an alcoholic beverage (mimosa, bloody mary, champagne etc) for $58 per person... it was a great value and well worth it.

The first course is a variety of home made breads and muffins. I usually don't care for breads at restaurants but these were so soft and amazing.

As my starter I chose the Onion Tart with Smoked Salmon and my boyfriend got the tuna tartar. They were amazing but I would say my starter, the salmon was OUT OF THIS WORLD.

As my main dish I got the Duck Hash and my boyfriend got the short ribs.

As dessert we got the banana one... not sure what it is called and their famous chocolate dumplings. My boyfriend wanted to lick the plate... the melted chocolate was THAT good.

All in all - the service, the food, the ambiance - will bring me back to this spot many more times.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Anntastic90210
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

My husband and I splurged and stayed 3 nights at Auberge Soleil for a romantic get away. It did not disappoint. Our room had a beautiful balcony with gorgeous views of the vineyards. The linens and bath products were devine. Our room had an amazing fireplace and surround sound stereo. The staff caters to your every whim. The spa is fantastic and the food is beyond excellent. New Mercedes Benz vehicles are available for the day to on site guests. It was fun tooling around the wine country in a Mercedes convertible. Everyone needs to take their significant other to the Auberge Soleil for a wonderful romantic treat. We will be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the vineyard.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Melissa J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rutherford
Bardessono
Andaz Napa
#4 of 30 in Napa
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,771 reviews
Napa River Inn at the Historic Napa Mill

Been to Auberge du Soleil? Share your experiences!