“The Restuarant for Brunch is AMAZING.”
Review of Auberge du Soleil

Auberge du Soleil
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rutherford
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I just went there for brunch on Sunday. The view is amazing and the Michelin rating is accurate.

The brunch is a pre-fix menu with 4 course. For 4 courses plus an alcoholic beverage (mimosa, bloody mary, champagne etc) for $58 per person... it was a great value and well worth it.

The first course is a variety of home made breads and muffins. I usually don't care for breads at restaurants but these were so soft and amazing.

As my starter I chose the Onion Tart with Smoked Salmon and my boyfriend got the tuna tartar. They were amazing but I would say my starter, the salmon was OUT OF THIS WORLD.

As my main dish I got the Duck Hash and my boyfriend got the short ribs.

As dessert we got the banana one... not sure what it is called and their famous chocolate dumplings. My boyfriend wanted to lick the plate... the melted chocolate was THAT good.

All in all - the service, the food, the ambiance - will bring me back to this spot many more times.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anntastic90210

Reviewed February 21, 2013

My husband and I splurged and stayed 3 nights at Auberge Soleil for a romantic get away. It did not disappoint. Our room had a beautiful balcony with gorgeous views of the vineyards. The linens and bath products were devine. Our room had an amazing fireplace and surround sound stereo. The staff caters to your every whim. The spa is fantastic and the food is beyond excellent. New Mercedes Benz vehicles are available for the day to on site guests. It was fun tooling around the wine country in a Mercedes convertible. Everyone needs to take their significant other to the Auberge Soleil for a wonderful romantic treat. We will be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the vineyard.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Melissa J
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This place has beautiful views, and to me screams privacy. Spent an idyllic afternoon with my husband in our room, then had an amazing dinner with friends. The grounds are gorgeous, the pool was a great place to soak up the sun, and the staff was friendly and courteous. I will savor these memories for years to come.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a mini honeymoon and experienced the first class service that Auberge is known for. We were upgraded to the garden suite and it was private and extremely romantic as there is a private patio with jacuzzi. When we arrived to our suite the management had welcomed us with wine, fresh fruit, chocolate covered strawberries and a lovely letter of congratulations. The bathroom was huge and was equipped with every toiletry one could want as well as fluffy robes and slippers. We unfortunately only had a short weekend to enjoy the beauty of this fabulous resort but we will return!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amy S
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Stayed here with business colleagues just for 1 night and day. Beautiful rooms with all mini bar snacks and drinks included in room rate. Watched hot air balloons rise at sunrise from my balcony whilst sipping coffee. Magic! I practice Tai Chi and it was the effect setting to practice on my balcony early in the morning. Dinner was exceptional , both food and service. I have marked this establishment as one of my favourites in the world.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 9, 2013

The Good: The rooms, the views, the beds and almost everything else about this hotel are absolute perfection.

The Bad: It can feel a bit stuffy here. My fiance and I were sitting at breakfast surrounded by a bunch of middle age couples drinking their tea with their pinky up in the air, not talking to each other and being absolutely pompous...I suppose its what to expect at a hotel like this. Generally this would not bother me that much, though what I did find a bit annoying was the staff will not acknowledge you unless you look like you are the CEO of AIG. If you happen to look and act like the president of a fortune 500 company, then this place is for you. If you happen to me well off financially but choose to act and look like a normal human being, then chances are you will be treated and looked at like the 800 pound gorilla in the room

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank NYCUSH
Reviewed January 2, 2013

My husband and I just stayed here over the holidays and it was one of the best hotel experiences I've ever had! The rooms are gorgeous, the setting beautiful, and they've thought of everything! I love that everything that is in the room is already included (wine, soft drinks, beer, snacks, toiletries, intimacy kit, bubble bath, etc.) and that the things they've included are items that you'll actually use. The service was friendly and prompt. The restaurant was a great place to start your day as the food was delicious and the view amazing. The concierge arranged multiple tastings for us, made our dinner reservations, and offered to book us a car and driver. The main thing that you need to know is that this property is worth EVERY penny! We stayed at two other luxury properties during our vacation to Northern California and Auberge made them seem like Holiday Inns in comparison! I'm spoiled and will never be able to stay anywhere else in Napa from now on!

Room Tip: We stayed in Normandie 2, but I have a feeling that all of their rooms are amazing. Our room was ve...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rutherford
Bardessono
Napa Valley Lodge
Napa Valley Lodge
#3 of 6 in Yountville
Calistoga Ranch, An Auberge Resort

Been to Auberge du Soleil? Share your experiences!