“Great snow going on NOW!”
Review of Snow Valley

Snow Valley
More attraction details
Owner description: Popular ski/resort area that receives the most natural snowfall in Southern California.
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We went to Snow Valley on the Friday after Xmas. We arrived at about 8:30 AM with no traffic on the way and lots of empty parking spaces. Parking was $5 and they gave us a token for $5 off anything in the park. Ticket prices were higher for that week, but not too bad.

We had to wait in line at will call to get our tickets we'd bought online the night before (we'd heard about sellouts at many area resorts). But it was a shorter line than the regular lines. We paid for out rental skis there also and then went inside the warm building to get skis and poles. I'd recommend bringing your own boots in order to avoid that portion of the rental area.

I had my gear and was ready to go within about 10 minutes.
The slopes are right out the door, as are some lockers.

The lifts are very slow, with lots of stops, so if you aren't a beginner just avoid those and take the intermediate lift straight up.

The snow was very good at the base and the beginner and intermediate runs were very well groomed, with lots of snow and no ice or any moguls to be seen. The expert runs at the top we're seeing a bit of plants growing through the snow, so they could use a bit more snow up there.

The mid-mountain cafe was good, lots of chairs and and outdoor fireplace, but the line was dreadfully slow, with just one person taking orders and one person cooking the burgers. I had to give up waiting in line as it was just too slow and let someone else take my spot! They really needed more help, or at least a vending machine for beers and waters.

When we left at about 2 pm it was very crowded, so get there early.

There are newer reviews for Snow Valley

Reviewed December 31, 2012

We had our first visit to Snow Valley over the new years holiday. What I liked about Snow Valley was the helpful staff at the ticket office and the guest service office they gave us a refund no questions asked, the scenery was very nice and there was alot of snow. What I did not like was the tickets were expensive if you are not planning to make of day of it, the various snow valley hosts around the outdoor areas of the resort are very rude, you are not allowed to bring your own sleds you have to rent theirs, it is not designed for young children under the age five, the restaurant cooks are very slow in food preparation. If you are looking to bring your kids just to experience snow for the first time I would consider a wilderness pass not sure where you obtain one but i'm sure you can google it. You can just pull up to an open area that has snow and just let your kids play and have fun for alot less money. Lastly we won't go back to Snow Valley again.

1  Thank lynnann_12
Reviewed December 25, 2012

great place for tubing and snow play. The tickets are a bit expensive but the scenery is beautiful and staff are helpful. We had a great time with the kids (6-8).

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We go to Snow Valley because it's easier to get to. Its priced fairly, and we've never been disappointed.

2  Thank ShannonD71
Reviewed September 16, 2012

After going up to these mountains in San Bernardino skiing I fell in love with the area. I moved up there, to Lake Arrowhead. I worked at Snow Valley for 5 winters. The mountains are gorgeous and the walking trails were perfect for me and my dog. Of course that was in the 70's when there were so many walking trails. It was a ritual for me.