“NOTICEABLE IMPROVEMENT”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rowland Heights
Taipei
“NOTICEABLE IMPROVEMENT”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I have visited this hotel few times since my last visit back in 2007 with my wife. I constantly feel improvements done. This hotel is on top of my list when I travel to the area.

This time I booked online and a business room with a king bed. I was on transit on my way back home from business trip. When I checked in, I was offered an automatic discount since I am returning customer. This really surprised me. I have never been offered a discount from a hotel.

I am happily pleased with this hotel and staff!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Encinitas, CA
Reviewed June 23, 2010

I stayed in a "Business Plus" room on the second floor. The desk was sticky - yuck! The internet was sloooow, as in type a word and then wait 3-5 seconds for the letters to appear on the computer screen. The small lamp provided enough dim light for about 1/2 of the desk. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Susan_Encinitas
New York, NY
Reviewed June 19, 2010

I have to admit that I didn't expect much when I learned that I had to stay at the Best Western for a conference. But I was pleasantly surprised.

Reading the reviews about the highway noise, I opted to pay a bit more to stay on the other side of the hotel. Never heard a peep. Rooms were relatively new and clean. The staff was beyond nice. Really wonderful friendly folks. Parking and internet were free. And the breakfast was much better than most continental breakfasts I have had in the past. The only complaint is that the bathrooms remain pretty humid after your shower. I washed some clothes and hung them in the bathroom to dry. After 24 hours, they were still damp. So I took them into the main room and dried them by the air conditioning. Really a minor complaint for what was otherwise an incredibly positive experience.

There are many restaurants and a large Asian supermarket within walking distance. So if you are here just for a conference, there is no need to rent a car. I just paid for a shuttle ride from the airport and saved myself a few bucks.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Duluth, Georgia
Reviewed April 6, 2010

We frequently stay at this hotel due to my father's business trips here and we must say it is a wonderful hotel. It is simply incomparable to other hotels in the area for the price. They have upgraded their interior rooms with granite countertops and also have updated the entrance to be very modern. Breakfast is served with free internet access, and the best part is the location. You can literally walk to tons of restaurants nearby, including Maxim's, a WONDERFUL Chinese restaurant. 99 Ranch Market is also walkable, which provides produce and snacks. Anyways, if you're looking for a good deal, with a very comfortable location, then this hotel is for you.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank WorldEagle
Los Angeles
Reviewed February 17, 2010

I stay here all the time when I need a quick getaway. The staff is really really friendly, and me and my gf love Sarah at the front desk. She is friendly as can be and makes you feel like you're staying at the Hilton. Everyone else is just as friendly, and late check out is 3pm if you're wondering. The noise level from the freeway can get pretty bad, but it doesn't bother me too much. If you're looking for a clean place to stay then stay here. It's much better than the diamond bar best western and the comfortsuites in rowland hts

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Chicago, IL
Reviewed July 21, 2009

This is your average hotel. Nice staff, close to the expressway. Good breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Taipei
Reviewed May 25, 2009

There's not much hotels in Rowland Heights area. Once I stay at Motel 6 with my wife and she hated it. I didn't want to upset my wife again this time. Besides we are on vacation. Vacation suppose to be pleasant. We paid double (compared to Motel 6), but overall is an excellent place to stay.

We asked for a late check out on our last day. Our flight was at night and we wanted to do some last minute shopping. The clerk had to ask the manager for authorization and it was granted. We took our time shopping and came back, packed and then took a nice shower then checked out.

Details: Try to get the rooms in the other side of the highway (it cost more) because the noise can be terrible for some. My wife and I, we found it acceptable. I would stay more often in this hotel if it would be cheaper.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rowland Heights
Pacific Palms Resort
Pacific Palms Resort
#1 of 1 in City of Industry
Courtyard Los Angeles Hacienda Heights/Orange County
Courtyard Los Angeles Hacienda H...
#1 of 3 in Hacienda Heights
Quality Inn & Suites Walnut
Best Western Plus West Covina Inn
Comfort Suites Near Industry Hills Expo Center
Holiday Inn Select Diamond Bar

Been to Best Western Plus Executive Inn? Share your experiences!