“Epic Fail!”

Ranked #65 of 153 Restaurants in Rowland Heights
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Dear Manager/Owner,

I want to write to you to let you know how frustrating and disappointing my family and I experienced today waiting for a table and finally left after 50min of waiting, basically, felt we were DENIED of service!

We are visitors from Canada, hoping to get some awesome chinese food after a long day visiting Santa Monica. My wife saw a high rating for this restaurant on Yelp so we decided to pay you a visit. With 2 hungry kids, we got there just pass 6:00pm, talked to the front, spoke Cantonese, we were on the waiting list. 30mins passed, 4 families got a table, then, what just happened after is just UNBELIEVABLE. 2 more families walked in they got in their tables. From the corner of my eye I can see the front counter lady feeling a bit uneasied, speaking mainlander to another waiter, knowing what she did was WRONG. Absolutely uncalled for and if you think you can operate a well liked business, thinking you are untouchable, you are absolutely wrong.

This type of behaviour has to come from upper management. Poor management = poor service period. Rude attitude, that I can't help you, it's where your people is from. Sorry, I sometimes feel ashamed that my owned kind treats me like this..... I'll let my Canadian friends know not to visit your restaurant. Sorry...

3  Thank Thanh H
There are newer reviews for Newport Seafood Restaurant

Reviewed August 23, 2014

Really, they have just about any kind of seafood. Lobster great, but there are so many choices of seafood that you will not see at most restaurants. You can be as traditional or as adventurous as you like. I'd go back and back if I lived in the area just to keep trying something else. Now they added microbrew beers. More reason to go back.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

My friends and I shared the specialty lobster dish and a whole fish, sea bass with black bean sauce. The lobster dish is to die for and I have to say the sea bass was one of the best fish I have ever eaten! I love this restaurant and think you will make a huge mistake if you don't try it!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Based on recommendations, my family and I came here to sample the "amazing seafood" this place has to offer...

It definitely lived up to the expectations and more. The Lobster (though pricey) was amazing. The tastes they evoke out of it is unexpected and awe-striking. The beef melted in your mouth and the fried rice was delightful

Be prepared to wait as the word is getting out on how good this place is and more and more people are coming.

Def a place I will be coming back to.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

We went there for lunch on a Saturday and were given their lunch special menu. We didn't realize that we could ask for dinner menu (had other things on our minds). The lunch special menu had limited selections and food portions were small comparing to other Chinese restaurants. The Shrimp with Black Bean Sauce we ordered didn't have much shrimp in it. Two thirds of the dish was fillers (onions, red peppers, green peppers, etc). Beef Mongolian Style had decent amount of beef in it but the meat was not very tender. Unfortunately we didn't try their lobster since we didn't read the reviews ahead of time. The restaurant is very nicely decorated though, and very clean.