“Enjoyed a lovely family dinner”
Review of Marche Aux Fleurs

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Sir Francis Drake, Lagunitas
Reviewed April 29, 2018

The food and service were wonderful. pay attention to the specials of the day, as they provide special flavors and pricing. We had a group of seven, and they were great at accommodating us and everyone enjoyed their meal.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed March 3, 2018

Wonderful unique dinners at this French Bistro style restaurant. Original recipes with wonderful flavors exclusive to Marche Aux Fleurs.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed January 9, 2018

We visited on a Wednesday evening for a birthday dinner date. The outdoor garden setting is great, especially if the weather is nice. Although watch out for the setting sun--I was blinded for the first half of the meal and ducking from side to side as the sun avoided the trees. But there was a nice breeze, and it was warm enough until late in the meal as it approached 8 p.m.

The meal: the boquerones appetizer was tasty, though it came as one large piece that you need to cut up, versus multiple smaller pieces. The spring salad was a good size to split, and it was refreshing. She ordered the salmon and liked it. I ordered the Wednesday special--tagliatelle and meatballs, which was really good and surprisingly well priced (the price isn't on the menu, so we weren't sure what to expect when the bill came).

The only disappointing part of the meal was the bread: she thought it tasted funny, I thought it was just bland.

The service was good for the most part but became a bit scattered late. We had to wait as the servers came and went to multiple tables to pick up and bring back bills.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed August 8, 2017

This is such a gem. The ambience is delightful - a beautiful outdoor seating area, and a lovely indoor area. Very friendly, experienced wait staff. The owner always warmly welcomes you. Kelly, our server, is super!

The food is beautifully presented and quite tasty. We had the Summer salad, and the Roasted chicken, and the Salmon entree. All perfectly prepared.

You are sure to enjoy your meal. Highly recommended!

Date of visit: August 2017
1  Thank Richard T
Reviewed November 26, 2016 via mobile

We ordered a wonderful French Burgundy for 5 and the server poured it all out at once...maybe a preference to me, but 100+ bottles of wine should be Savored, and not everyone drinks s full glass...

The bread arrived...tasted great but would have really made an impact if it was warm...the butter in a beautiful presentation sprinkled with sea salt but frozen solid. Just the little things that make an evening more special...and cost nothing to fix. Please...

The Marcona almonds are a must and were a big hit. I thought the dates wrapped in bacon stuffed with pecorino were perfect. Other critics at the table felt a blue cheese stuffing would be a better choice...I disagree. The pecorino complemented the presentation. It was tasty snd complex. I like blue cheese too, but not everywhere

The table ordered an Octopus entree...it looked good but I was pacing myself. 4 out of 5 ordered onion soup, something I get everywhere. This offering was more like onion gravy. I didn't finish mine but did a good job grabbing all the cheese.

Main courses, I order the chicken breast and highly recommend that as it was a super star fish...the right French cut, roasted crisp on the outside moist right at 160 on the inside and with the small roasted carrots, cauliflower and the Yukon gold potato purée, without a doubt, the best meal on the table. Pescecanne' wife had the duck confit...it was crispy, she was good with it but hoped for a sauce.

The other three ordered the hanger steak and what a beautiful presentation the chef put together. One dish was undercooked, although the over reaction by my guest was inappropriate, a total lack of Charisma. I actually thought the steak was ok. The other two were good but the complaint seemed to override that.

Oh...the "cashier" presented the check electronically with this large computer screen apparently proud of her new system. As everyone was my guests, the amount of the bill is my business and not that of the table.

PesceCanne will visit again. I hope this is all seen as constructive comment. I see a higher rating here with few small changes. Good luck.

Date of visit: November 2016