TripAdvisor

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rocky Ridge
Description: At Paul Martin's American Grill, our passion is simple: elevating America's classic cuisine by using only the highest quality, best tasting ingredients. Our mission begins with our sourcing practices, but it hardly ends there. We uplift the dining experience with remarkable hospitality in a polished, contemporary atmosphere designed to invite and excite in equal measure. Join us today to relax, unwind, and discover how America's food revolution is unfolding at our tables.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This may be a minority opinion because the place was packed (Thursday night) but both of our dishes were horrible. I had the pork ribs: so overcooked the consistency was like mush. Accompanying slaw was fancified with field greens which gave it a wilted texture. Dressing was objectionably acidic. No complaint about the fast food fries. My wife’s halibut also overcooked past the flakey tender point. Accompanying asparagus overcooked and limp. Prices are uniformly high ($30 for ribs?). Our server was professional and courteous, checking in with numerous times, apologizing for the slow main course out of the kitchen. Should have stayed at home.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (276)

Reviewed August 26, 2019

We continue to love this restaurant over the years. The bar scene is active with young professionals, the food is outstanding, and the service leaves nothing to be desired. Plus we can order their food with DoorDash and have it delivered within the hour! What a great invention.
This is also a good special occasion restaurant, very classy and always outstanding service if you choose to sit down at a table. The happy hour is fun and there's always a good crowd here, the hum of conversation increases the warmth of the low light room. It is hard to go wrong here, the steaks are great (the skirt steak is fantastic) and we've never had a bad meal here. Try it and you'll be impressed too!

Reviewed August 26, 2019 via mobile

From previous experiences, I would have chosen not to go, but my husband likes the ambiance at Paul Martins.
We sat at the bar, while they got our table ready. It was beyond loud, we had to yell our drinks to the waiter. Ok, was Saturday and the place was packed.
Food was, as usual below average. Steak pricey and tuff peace of meat for $ 38.00, salmon salad missing more than 1/2 of ingredients described in the menu ( I return it after complaining), $25.00 ( had better at MC Donald’s for 1/4 of the price). Ended having a hamburger, no bun, that was very good ( how hard is to make a hamburger?), but it cost $21.00 after adding what most fast food add to theirs.
We order ice cream for dessert, wow , even that was a screwed up.. the waiter served it MELTED!!
Damage was about $130.00
Never, I repeat NEVER again

By the way, they had a music band outside that was mellow enough to distract me from my disappointment!!

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 7, 2019

For some reason, I never had a positive opinion of Paul Martin's American Grill. I had never eaten there but always heard "eeehhh...it's ok." Well I am glad I had the pleasure of eating there recently. The ambiance was very nice, the service staff was very friendly, and the menu selection was really good. It also seemed priced well to me. Don;t get me wrong, it's not a Michelin restaurant, but it is definitely nice enough for date night or any other special occasion.

Reviewed July 6, 2019

I’ve been here many times and every time I leave I feel the same way. Either one of two ways. 1) that was a waste of money! 2) that was overrated! I think I am done after last night. I ordered a grilled shrimp salad which was $22. It had exactly 4 shrimp on it. My friend got the same thing and when we got out to the car she said “ that was a rip off a salad with four dried shrimp!”

1  Thank KStoermy