All reviews water park better than average front desk staff bit dated awesome staff complimentary breakfast josh marriott lobby noise jacuzzi elevator freeway sunsplash taylor accommodations channels
Reviewed July 30, 2009

I was satisfied with my stay at this hotel. The hotel decor color scheme seems slightly dated. Based on the interior I'd say this hotel has not been remodeled in at least 3 years, but it is maintained pretty well. Most portions of the hotel were clean looking. The neighborhood felt safe and it was very easy to get to the location. It was quiet during my stay and everything in the room was working. The bed was comfortable. I did not interact with many employees but the check in employee was friendly and I was greeted when I walked in late one evening by a different employee. Checkout was prompt and I was asked if the stay went okay then thanked.

I did book this via Priceline and got an excellent rate. I was pretty concerned with the other reviews but fortunately knew this hotel was in a safe location so I kind of went in with the "how bad can it possibly be?" attitude. My visit here was much better than most of the reviewers.

Date of stay: July 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed May 25, 2009

I do not recommend this hotel for people not associated with a sports team. We were given a room on the ground floor (when we had requested a high floor) with a sports team over the top of us. Two nights of thump, thump, thump. The front desk did try to stop the noise but these teams put four kids in a room and that makes it difficult to reduce the noise. The hotel is set up so that the rooms with two queens in them are on the second floor so that is where the teams end up. Kids were running down the middle of the halls. The breakfast area is shabby and uninviting. Only a buffet at $10/person is available and so given the atmosphere we passed. The hotel has a indoor pull that was full of kids - so they were having a good time.

On a positive note, we did complain and were given an $80 discount on our room charges. While it helped, I would never stay here again. Try the Marriott Courtyard at the Galleria - it is located a block away on Creekside Road and does not seem to have these issues. We have stayed at many Marriott Courtyard's and this one is truly sub-standard.

Date of stay: May 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2008

Hi

This hotel was awful - I travel frequently for work and personal (fun) and this one was the absolute bottom of the barrel from what the reservation agents said, to check in, to when I was trying to nap they kept waking me up to.....when I was sound asleep at 11 pm t night I had other net new guests trying to enter my room - with a key to the room! The front desk was completely indignant that they had done anything wrong - and I was very concerned for my personal safetly and ended up leaving the hotel. Noisy hotel, and stay that went from very bad to the worst. I've been loyal to Marriott until now and I'll never stay another night in a Marriott again - customer service around their errors was awful instead of a hey, we are really sorry they were beyond indignant. But waking me up by having total strangers entering the room took the cake of really bad. Tried to call the front desk, either busy, or rang 52, then 74 and once she just disconnected. Awful!

Date of stay: June 2008
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed March 18, 2008

For a Marriott property I was pretty disappointed in this hotel. We chose it for the location. We stayed in a 2 room suite, but other than having 2 rooms, there were no extra amenities. There was a coffee maker in the room, but really cheap, bad tasting coffee. On the plus side the bed was nice and soft. On the negative side--we could not believe the overhead noise. It sounded like a herd of elephants in the room above us! Also, the room was very dirty; I moved a nightstand to plug in my laptop and was disgusted by what I found. And a light bulb was burned out, we put it on the nightstand and there it stayed for 3 days! Our smoke detector was hanging by wires—that felt real safe!

Breakfast is not included in all room rates, so watch for that, it is pretty pricey for what you get and it does not vary from day to day. The staff is pretty much non existent, and unfriendly. They check you in and then you are on your own. We couldn’t even find a rolling cart for our luggage, and they saw us looking for one.

I do not plan on staying here again. It wasn’t worth the money.

Date of stay: March 2008
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Veda P
Reviewed October 12, 2007

Nice stay, nice location for what we needed.

Date of stay: August 2007