“exceptional”

Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
Northern California
“exceptional”
Reviewed January 10, 2010

We stayed 1/08/10 and were impressed with how clean and nicely decorated this place was. Every person we dealt with was courteous and helpful. Our room was beautiful, bed so-o comfy. I don't usually leave reviews, and we travel fairly often, but was actually surprised that this wasn't rated higher....it should be!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Western United States
Reviewed July 30, 2009

I was satisfied with my stay at this hotel. The hotel decor color scheme seems slightly dated. Based on the interior I'd say this hotel has not been remodeled in at least 3 years, but it is maintained pretty well. Most portions of the hotel were clean looking. The neighborhood felt safe and it was very easy to get to the location. It was quiet during my stay and everything in the room was working. The bed was comfortable. I did not interact with many employees but the check in employee was friendly and I was greeted when I walked in late one evening by a different employee. Checkout was prompt and I was asked if the stay went okay then thanked.

I did book this via Priceline and got an excellent rate. I was pretty concerned with the other reviews but fortunately knew this hotel was in a safe location so I kind of went in with the "how bad can it possibly be?" attitude. My visit here was much better than most of the reviewers.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
Eureka, California
Reviewed May 25, 2009

I do not recommend this hotel for people not associated with a sports team. We were given a room on the ground floor (when we had requested a high floor) with a sports team over the top of us. Two nights of thump, thump, thump. The front desk did try to stop the noise but these teams put four kids in a room and that makes it difficult to reduce the noise. The hotel is set up so that the rooms with two queens in them are on the second floor so that is where the teams end up. Kids were running down the middle of the halls. The breakfast area is shabby and uninviting. Only a buffet at $10/person is available and so given the atmosphere we passed. The hotel has a indoor pull that was full of kids - so they were having a good time.

On a positive note, we did complain and were given an $80 discount on our room charges. While it helped, I would never stay here again. Try the Marriott Courtyard at the Galleria - it is located a block away on Creekside Road and does not seem to have these issues. We have stayed at many Marriott Courtyard's and this one is truly sub-standard.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Washington State
Reviewed June 29, 2008

Hi

This hotel was awful - I travel frequently for work and personal (fun) and this one was the absolute bottom of the barrel from what the reservation agents said, to check in, to when I was trying to nap they kept waking me up to.....when I was sound asleep at 11 pm t night I had other net new guests trying to enter my room - with a key to the room! The front desk was completely indignant that they had done anything wrong - and I was very concerned for my personal safetly and ended up leaving the hotel. Noisy hotel, and stay that went from very bad to the worst. I've been loyal to Marriott until now and I'll never stay another night in a Marriott again - customer service around their errors was awful instead of a hey, we are really sorry they were beyond indignant. But waking me up by having total strangers entering the room took the cake of really bad. Tried to call the front desk, either busy, or rang 52, then 74 and once she just disconnected. Awful!

• Liked — nothing! I couldn't sleep, they totally violated my personal security by letting total strangers in my room at night while I was sleeping. When I left for another hotel at midnight.
  • Disliked — All of the above - but mostly that their
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
Sagamore Hills, Ohio
Reviewed March 18, 2008

For a Marriott property I was pretty disappointed in this hotel. We chose it for the location. We stayed in a 2 room suite, but other than having 2 rooms, there were no extra amenities. There was a coffee maker in the room, but really cheap, bad tasting coffee. On the plus side the bed was nice and soft. On the negative side--we could not believe the overhead noise. It sounded like a herd of elephants in the room above us! Also, the room was very dirty; I moved a nightstand to plug in my laptop and was disgusted by what I found. And a light bulb was burned out, we put it on the nightstand and there it stayed for 3 days! Our smoke detector was hanging by wires—that felt real safe!

Breakfast is not included in all room rates, so watch for that, it is pretty pricey for what you get and it does not vary from day to day. The staff is pretty much non existent, and unfriendly. They check you in and then you are on your own. We couldn’t even find a rolling cart for our luggage, and they saw us looking for one.

I do not plan on staying here again. It wasn’t worth the money.

• Liked — soft bed
  • Disliked — everything else!
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Veda P
Madison
Reviewed October 12, 2007

Nice stay, nice location for what we needed.

• Stayed August 2007
San Jose, CA
Reviewed May 9, 2007

this was a terrible, terrible stay. I don't know how many more things could go wrong. First, before arriving - I called the day before to order a mini fridge. I'm a mother of an infant and need a fridge to store milk. I was told - no problem. I got there, and told the front desk that I had ordered a mini fridge, he said it wasn't on my reservation but that he'd order it right away. It never came. I left to go to dinner, came back and asked if they had delivered one while I was out. The guy said no, and that they were all out. ???????????

I was very upset and ended up using the icebucket and ice and constantly refilling it. Then, I went to bed at 10pm but ended up having to soothe my daughter back to sleep over and over again because the doors along the hall SLAM Shut so loud you think everyone is leaving their rooms angry. I was completely horrified at how loud the doors were. To make matters worse, there were teenagers who were making noise until 1am. Walking by my door, stopping in front of it and talking. At 1am all the noise finally stopped, but only to start with the door banging at 4am when some were getting up to start their day. It was the worst stay I've had in a long time. I got very little sleep and had a terrible next day as a result. I will never stay here again.

• Liked — there was one young lady at the front desk - whose name I can't remember - she was very helpful
  • Disliked — Loud, Sleepless Night
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)