WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Courtyard Roseville

Courtyard Roseville
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
A TripAdvisor Member
“Decent hotel/Typical Marriott reservation process”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2005

Decent hotel, decent facilities and accomodating staff.

We especially appreciated the staff at check out. My wife has health issues and she had a flair up while we were staying at the hotel. We needed to have a later check-out and once I explained the situation to the front desk, they were sympathetic and allowed us to check out later at no extra charge.

We had breakfast at the restaurant and it was very good.

Our only complaint is about Marriott's reservation system. EVERY time we stay at a Marriott, we have basically the same problem when we make a reservation. I called the first time and asked for a rate, which seemed very high compared to other Marriott's in the area which are much nicer. I asked for a breakfast package, which most of the Marriott's have, and was rudely informed that it wasn't offered at this facility. I hung up and dialed right back. I spoke to another representative that gave me a rate $30 lower AND free breakfast for two. I was pretty upset and asked the reservationist WHY this always happens. She said the hotels themselves "hide" their best rates so the central reservation staff has to search for the best rate at each hotel. Why can't the best rate be given the first time and why do we have to dicker like car salesmen? It doesn't make sense.

So, when we checked in, guess what happened? The desk clerk didn't give us our coupons for the free breakfast. When I asked for them, she said it wasn't part of our package. I informed her it was and was going to head back to the car to get the emailed reservation. She then said I was right, breakfast was part of the package and she didn't understand WHY I was given this package for such a low rate. (Which really wasn't THAT low of a rate to begin with.)

All-in-all, a decent place, though I might try another hotel the next time I'm in the area just because I don't like the Marriott reservation system.

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
MAGALIA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2005

Very nice hotel in a convenient location. The Galleria Mall with all its shops, restaurants and department stores is only a couple of minutes away. Try to get a room on the back side of the hotel (off the freeway) and you can enjoy the view of an adjacent nature preserve. Relax in a beauiful pool or outside on a calm and pretty terrace. The standard guest rooms are a little bit cramped (dont even try to use the fold-out sofa bed because then you cannot move around at all). Decoration and furniture are bright and cheerful. Even a lot of little extras are offered, like coffee, tea, drinking water and - of course - in-room-movies. Sufficient closet space, nice fluffy towels and a good shower. The matresses (like in all Marriott hotels) are a matter of personal taste. I suffer from back pain and for me they are painfully soft: one reason why I dont stay in Marriott hotels often anymore.

• Stayed March 2005