“Illegally letting other guests into my room - while I was asleep!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Roseville

Courtyard Roseville
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
Washington State
“Illegally letting other guests into my room - while I was asleep!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2008

Hi

This hotel was awful - I travel frequently for work and personal (fun) and this one was the absolute bottom of the barrel from what the reservation agents said, to check in, to when I was trying to nap they kept waking me up to.....when I was sound asleep at 11 pm t night I had other net new guests trying to enter my room - with a key to the room! The front desk was completely indignant that they had done anything wrong - and I was very concerned for my personal safetly and ended up leaving the hotel. Noisy hotel, and stay that went from very bad to the worst. I've been loyal to Marriott until now and I'll never stay another night in a Marriott again - customer service around their errors was awful instead of a hey, we are really sorry they were beyond indignant. But waking me up by having total strangers entering the room took the cake of really bad. Tried to call the front desk, either busy, or rang 52, then 74 and once she just disconnected. Awful!

• Liked — nothing! I couldn't sleep, they totally violated my personal security by letting total strangers in my room at night while I was sleeping. When I left for another hotel at midnight.
  • Disliked — All of the above - but mostly that their
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Sagamore Hills, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2008

For a Marriott property I was pretty disappointed in this hotel. We chose it for the location. We stayed in a 2 room suite, but other than having 2 rooms, there were no extra amenities. There was a coffee maker in the room, but really cheap, bad tasting coffee. On the plus side the bed was nice and soft. On the negative side--we could not believe the overhead noise. It sounded like a herd of elephants in the room above us! Also, the room was very dirty; I moved a nightstand to plug in my laptop and was disgusted by what I found. And a light bulb was burned out, we put it on the nightstand and there it stayed for 3 days! Our smoke detector was hanging by wires—that felt real safe!

Breakfast is not included in all room rates, so watch for that, it is pretty pricey for what you get and it does not vary from day to day. The staff is pretty much non existent, and unfriendly. They check you in and then you are on your own. We couldn’t even find a rolling cart for our luggage, and they saw us looking for one.

I do not plan on staying here again. It wasn’t worth the money.

• Liked — soft bed
  • Disliked — everything else!
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank jerry p
Madison
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2007

Nice stay, nice location for what we needed.

• Stayed August 2007
San Jose, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2007

this was a terrible, terrible stay. I don't know how many more things could go wrong. First, before arriving - I called the day before to order a mini fridge. I'm a mother of an infant and need a fridge to store milk. I was told - no problem. I got there, and told the front desk that I had ordered a mini fridge, he said it wasn't on my reservation but that he'd order it right away. It never came. I left to go to dinner, came back and asked if they had delivered one while I was out. The guy said no, and that they were all out. ???????????

I was very upset and ended up using the icebucket and ice and constantly refilling it. Then, I went to bed at 10pm but ended up having to soothe my daughter back to sleep over and over again because the doors along the hall SLAM Shut so loud you think everyone is leaving their rooms angry. I was completely horrified at how loud the doors were. To make matters worse, there were teenagers who were making noise until 1am. Walking by my door, stopping in front of it and talking. At 1am all the noise finally stopped, but only to start with the door banging at 4am when some were getting up to start their day. It was the worst stay I've had in a long time. I got very little sleep and had a terrible next day as a result. I will never stay here again.

• Liked — there was one young lady at the front desk - whose name I can't remember - she was very helpful
  • Disliked — Loud, Sleepless Night
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Paso Robles, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2006

We stayed one night at the Courtyard and were very happy with the accomadations. The hotel seemed very new, new paint, carpet, beds, etc. The bed was fantastic. Plenty of pillows and super-soft high thread count sheets. The bathroom featured a seperate sink outside, which is very convenient. We were placed next to an outside doorway and staircase, but noise wasn't a problem. The hotel is in a safe area and just minutes away from the huge shopping center in Roseville.

1 Thank Auntie_LaLa81
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2005

Decent hotel, decent facilities and accomodating staff.

We especially appreciated the staff at check out. My wife has health issues and she had a flair up while we were staying at the hotel. We needed to have a later check-out and once I explained the situation to the front desk, they were sympathetic and allowed us to check out later at no extra charge.

We had breakfast at the restaurant and it was very good.

Our only complaint is about Marriott's reservation system. EVERY time we stay at a Marriott, we have basically the same problem when we make a reservation. I called the first time and asked for a rate, which seemed very high compared to other Marriott's in the area which are much nicer. I asked for a breakfast package, which most of the Marriott's have, and was rudely informed that it wasn't offered at this facility. I hung up and dialed right back. I spoke to another representative that gave me a rate $30 lower AND free breakfast for two. I was pretty upset and asked the reservationist WHY this always happens. She said the hotels themselves "hide" their best rates so the central reservation staff has to search for the best rate at each hotel. Why can't the best rate be given the first time and why do we have to dicker like car salesmen? It doesn't make sense.

So, when we checked in, guess what happened? The desk clerk didn't give us our coupons for the free breakfast. When I asked for them, she said it wasn't part of our package. I informed her it was and was going to head back to the car to get the emailed reservation. She then said I was right, breakfast was part of the package and she didn't understand WHY I was given this package for such a low rate. (Which really wasn't THAT low of a rate to begin with.)

All-in-all, a decent place, though I might try another hotel the next time I'm in the area just because I don't like the Marriott reservation system.

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
MAGALIA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2005

Very nice hotel in a convenient location. The Galleria Mall with all its shops, restaurants and department stores is only a couple of minutes away. Try to get a room on the back side of the hotel (off the freeway) and you can enjoy the view of an adjacent nature preserve. Relax in a beauiful pool or outside on a calm and pretty terrace. The standard guest rooms are a little bit cramped (dont even try to use the fold-out sofa bed because then you cannot move around at all). Decoration and furniture are bright and cheerful. Even a lot of little extras are offered, like coffee, tea, drinking water and - of course - in-room-movies. Sufficient closet space, nice fluffy towels and a good shower. The matresses (like in all Marriott hotels) are a matter of personal taste. I suffer from back pain and for me they are painfully soft: one reason why I dont stay in Marriott hotels often anymore.

• Stayed March 2005