“Worst of all”

Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Worst of all”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Beds so soft you fall into the middle, paper thin walls that you hear every step in the room above, not enough outlets, translucent towels. Everyone so aplogetic. Just a horrid stay, never ever again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank overdoityks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I arrived fairly late at night (9:30 or so) after a long day of travel. The hotel was packed. I was with a pretty good sized group (~10) for a multi-day business trip to nearby Colfax, about a 30 minute drive., The facilities were of the "newer" Courtyard variety but it didn't seem like a recent conversion. They have beautifful patio facilites in the back of the hotel which we made good use of after work. Rooms were comfortable, quiet and nicely equipped. Good wireless internet connectivity. The staff was super friendly and very accomodating to our entire group. Got a great rate that even included breakfast. I expect to be back to this part of the county on business in the near future and I will definitely stay at this hotel again.Very enjoyable.

Room Tip: Easy access from Interstate I-80, but you need to be really looking for the hotel or you can drive p...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank UWJJ
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I chose this hotel because it's close to where some friends live in Roseville. We stayed here for two nights. I was very happy with the accommodations and the service. Check-in was a breeze and the staff friendly, chatty, and helpful.

The room was clean and well-appointed with a mini-fridge, coffeemaker, desk/work area, a good-sized closet with full-length mirror and a sofa bed. The room also had a small balcony.

A complimentary breakfast was offered each morning that consisted of scrambled eggs, sausage, hash browns, toast, fresh fruit, dry cereal and milk, and orange juice. Nothing fancy but enough to tide you over until lunch. I must say the only disappointment was that there was no coffee available at breakfast - unless you wanted to pay for Starbucks coffee (which I absolutely detest). So I resorted to making coffee in my room before going down for breakfast.

Overall it was a good experience and if we visit our friends again, this is where we'll stay. It was convenient, clean, a good price, and had friendly, pleasant staff.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 24, 2013

So here I lay in my bed....typing this review. It's 10:40pm and my two kids are finally asleep. We have been subjected to a herd of elephants stomping and slamming doors above us for the last 2 1/2 hrs. I have complained to the front desk five times and was told initially that they were very sorry and that it would be handled. As of the last call I was justifiably upset and was told that Marriott didn't want the other guest to feel unwelcome and would I like to change rooms?????? Really??? Well congratulations Marriott! You succeeded in making me feel unwelcome. But dont worry folks, I was offered a complimentary cup of Starbucks coffee in the morning! I'll need it.... I'm sure the disruptive guest will be sleeping in and probably miss breakfast! I will be moving to another room tomorrow. If it wasn't Memorial Day weekend I would be finding another hotel. I am a very forgiving person when someone acknowledges a mistake and then makes it right....that's customer service. Not having the backbone to deal with a disruptive guest and making others pay for it is unacceptable! I am going to call again and complain....what will be the excuse next? When I booked this room direct with a very polite and accomodating young man I was impressed...now I am pissed off! I am feeling very unwelcome here.

Jason
Reno NV
Insurance Agent

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank JasonDReno
Sacramento, California
Reviewed May 18, 2013

My two daughters and I wanted to do a get away. I love the Marriott and usually have a great experience. My reservation was made through Priceline.com, so maybe this is the reason why I had the worse night ever at a Marriott Hotel. The hotel is clean, the staff was friendly and I thought I might stay an extra night. However, the room was smaller than what I am used to at a Marriott Hotel with a king size bed and sofa bed. The bed was so soft that I immediately knew I would not stay a second night. I needed to hit the hot tub after sleeping in the bed, because my back was aching all over. The sofa bed was extremely soft also. I will continue to patronize Marriott hotels, just won't go back to the courtyard. I usually stay at the Residence hotels where the breakfast is great too. We went to eat else where because the food wasn't appealing and we wanted more choices which we are used to at other Marriott hotels.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kimberly B
Jessica S, General Manager at Courtyard Roseville, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel - we certainly appreciate your insight and make all of our guest's feedback our first priority. Bed firmness is such a personal preference and I'm very sorry ours were not to your liking. In the future, please feel free to reach out to us as we have a few options we may be able to offer to ensure you are more comfortable.

I am so glad that you found the hotel to be clean and the service to be great -- we know we have an outstanding team and we're glad it shows!
San Diego, California
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I have stayed at this Courtyard by Marriott a few times, and the last experience I had was not the best. It is generally fine as a basic business hotel - as others have mentioned, no frills but clean and conveniently located.

When I arrived this last time, the front desk clerk and the manager were in a lengthy and heated dispute with a guest over him not getting the room that he reserved. I stood and waited and waited and was not even acknowledged. When the argument was finally over, I was checked in and went to my room. Normally as Marriott member, I am offered water, a better room, etc but here...nada. When I got to my room, it smelled - I can't say exactly like what, but something like a combination of BO and mold. Not pleasant. I asked for a different room which they were nice enough to accommodate. The second room was right across from the elevator, and seemed great to me because it didn't smell. Then I realized that the room's layout was awkward - the TV is not directly in front of the bed, so if you have to watch TV with your head turned. Not horrible, but awkward.

And one of my pet peeves (though I know it is typical in this level of hotel) is that they don't provide lotion as part of the toiletry set in the room. They have it, but you have to call Reception for them to bring it up to you. Again, awkward when you have just gotten out of the shower and have to open the door for someone to give you something that should already be in the room.

I will likely stay again, and hope that my last experience was atypical. Stay tuned...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank shannonbyrne
Jessica S, General Manager at Courtyard Roseville, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
We appreciate your review of our hotel and for thank you for choosing to stay with us. Please know that we take all feedback to heart and will share your review with our team. We always strive to ensure every guest feels welcomed and every room smells fresh and clean and we will work with our team to ensure this continues to happen. Thank you again for sharing your experience -- we know that we can and will do better in the future!
CA
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I've now stayed at both Courtyards in Roseville and the one close to Highway 65 and the Galleria is nicer and cleaner. Both are typical Courtyards; no frills. Just your basic room with a bed, bathroom, and tv.

The Courtyard on Taylor Rd I have stayed in on different trips over the past few years for both business and pleasure.

My latest trip the elevator and hallway carpet looked like they haven't been vacuumed in weeks; possibly months. Staff was not particularily friendly or helpful when I asked if an item I was missing had been turned in to the front desk.

I did not use any of the facilities; breakfast area, pool, spa, business center so I cannot comment on those.

Because of this stay (unclean carpet, unfriendly staff); when I was in the Roseville area in February 2013, I booked at the other Courtyard in Roseville.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank mgal444
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share your experience. Please know that we take your feedback very seriously and have intensified our efforts to ensure our hotel is always looking its best. I know that this was an atypical experience and we hope that we can show you the next time you're in Roseville!