“Accommodating”

Courtyard Roseville
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Great place to stay. Staff is pleasing and happy. The manager Tobias helped us after our reservation was messed-up (our fault). He even upgraded our rooms. We used the upscale snack bar, swam in the indoor pool, and soaked in the hot tub. All was clean with lots of towels to dry ourselves and our grand kids. Tobias also accommodated us by allowing us to stay late to conduct some interviews in the lounge. We'll be back. Great price and location near shopping freeway and In-N-Out.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Tobias D, General Manager at Courtyard Roseville, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2012

Thank you for such a wonderful comment. I am glad I was able to make your stay with us enjoyable, as this is what we strive for with all our guests. It is a great feeling to see my name mentioned with such praise. We hope that you will come visit us soon.

Reviewed November 22, 2011

My gf's and I decided to take a little trip to Roseville and stay at the Marriott Courtyard right by the Roseville Galleria. That Mall takes at least two days to get thru...I like this Marriott because of the location, the fact that they have an indoor pool and hot tub...and flat screen tv's, coffee maker, small frig. for your leftovers. I prefer to stay on the top floor, because of footsteps noise above....that's what happened this time. I was told that the floors and walls are thin., well thanks Rep., next time I come (and I will) I will request 4th floor room only. I thought they had free breakfast and when we went downstairs found out that it cost around 10.00 for a buffett breakfast---while that is a good price the girls decided to go to a restuarant. You have lots of choice's to eat in Roseville, as well as shop. Great time.

Room Tip: I do not think they have connecting rooms-this was the second time my gf's and I went and we cou...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 18, 2011

I stayed here on business. I had a ground floor room and because it was mid week I avoided the soccer activity some guests mentioned. The staff was friendly and helpful. When we came back in the evening they inquired if we had been to dinner, where we had eaten, how was it, etc. Even following us to our rooms to continue the conversation! The young man who checked me in went the extra mile to apply a $100 gift card I had from a Maytag purchase to my room account. I had tried in vein to use it several other places and he made it work, stating he had the same issue with a card he had. Next time I will ask for a room on the back of the building. They are a bit quieter and I believe slightly better set up for working as the wall A/C unit does not blow directly on the desk. I will be traveling to this area often over the next year. I may try the Hilton next time, but would not hesitate to return here either.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side away from the parking lot.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 11, 2011

The hotel was clean and the staff was nice but there were so many issues that make me not want to stay here again. Our air conditioning broke, the internet was slow and didn't work at times (trouble shooting was outsourced, which made figuring out connection problems painful), the walls were thin and we could hear the guests above our room running around all night, and breakfast wasn't included (apparently it is included at the Residence inn next door and the room rate is the same). I would just stay somewhere else because there are better deals elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 18, 2011

The Courtyard by Marriot, certainly offers value for the price paid. The rooms are super clean, very comfortable, and spacious for traveling families. The hotel offers free wifi, has a gym, and a breakast bufftet for $10, which includes bevergaes, and several items. The limited staff on hand is nice, polite, and promptly respondes to requests. I would definitly recommend this hotel for a short layover, or visising the Sacramento Area.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 6, 2010

My wife is hearing handicapped and has terrible problems with compression sounds as it gives her terrible gut wrenching headaches; therefore, we alway request and insist on top floor accommodations, so that there are no loud foot noises in out room. We had the top floor room 301 reserved. When we arrived around noon we were told it was being shampooed but would be dry and available to us in a "couple of hours". We left for over 5 hours and when we returned we were told it was still wet, but that we could be put in room 201 directly below 301 and301 would not be rented out so that my wife would have no problem. We agreed as no foot noises overhead are no foot noises overhead.

Around 11 o"clock that evening we started to hear loud bangs and and people jumping on the floor above us. This continued all night. As it turned out they had rented 301 to a group of young nubile girls that were having the time of their life.

I can fully understand the young girls. They were just having fun and being normal; however I cannot understand the management in their dealing a handicapped person.

We checked out the next morning after no sleep and although we are in this area 15-20 times a year, we will never stay here again. The Hampton Inn is much nicer anyway.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 22, 2010

I booked this trip through an online discount travel site and "named my own price". Needless to say we got a great deal and pleasant stay at a nice three-star hotel.

The room was small but clean. The lack of space inside the room was made up for by a great balcony area accessible by a sliding glass door. The gym was decent and open 24 hours. They have an indoor pool with a jacuzzi. They include a full service breakfast that was free as well as a "cocktail lounge" open in the evenings. It is located near plenty of restaurants, movie theaters, water park and lots of shopping! I would defintely recommend this hotel to others. I really can't think of any negatives for this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple