Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Roseville
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
Berkeley, California
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Booked this reservation from Hotwire.com. We arrived at 5pm and was told there were only 1 king bed avail. Wasn't their fault. We asked for a cot but was told an add'l $10. Didn't want to pay extra as our budget is $60 p/night. We have 2 daughters in softball travel teams and sleep in hotels every weekends. This could adds up. I went back to front desk at 7pm to check if there is any no shows for 2 beds.
Sheila at the front desk was very nice to offer the cot for no add'l charge and even delivered it to my room. Sheila is very courteous and friendly. She undertsands family with budgets. She even remmebers our family name when she greets us in the morning. Sheila and Phoung were very helpful and nice at the front desk and should be nominated Employee of the week or month.

The room is spacious, clean and we have a nice flat screen tv. The hotel is modern, no frills and quiet. This hotel has the best air conditioner - quiet. I had a very nice sleep because the noise did not keep me up all night like other hotels. Don't believe what others said.

I just wish they offer b'fast because this will say us money and time if we can feed the kids b'fast in the same buiilding w/o having to wake up early to go to a restaurant.
Overall it is a good nice comfortable hotel for family with kids.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
ChristopherTM, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Roseville, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
It was very kind of you to take the time to write such a wonderful review of your stay at our hotel. Receiving such positive feedback from our valued guests, like you and your family, is very rewarding and motivates our staff to continue to strive for 100% guest satisfaction.

From the staff and myself, thank you for your kind words. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future or at any of our other brand locations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Idaho Falls, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

I have never written a review for nothing before in my life,although I feel everyone needs to know about this experience.where to begin ?.the hotel looks like a decent place to stay from the out side.there were people smoking outside the side doors of the hotel all hours of the day and night,and sometimes marijuana.the hotel advertise newly remodeled rooms.I don't know when they remodeled them but it wasn't recently,and when they did remodel it was with the lowest grade material you could possibly use.not a place to bring your kids nothing for them to do.I came back to my room after a long day at work and as I approached the side Hotel entrance there were there younger people standing there smoking marijuana.how comforting this was.then I went into the Hotel and as I got close to my room I could smell marijuana really bad,so I asked the Hotel desk clerk if she could smell it as well,she responded "yes I can and if I new what room it was coming from I would do something about it".I suggested to call the local Police Department and let them figure it out after all they have dogs trained to do this kind of thing."she replied I will have to contact the hotel manager and see what he/she wanted to do".my thought is you have a hotel full of guest and you have illegal activity going on it would be a no-brainer.A little while latter a couple patrol cars show up and take of the problem i'm guessing because it sounded like some arguing going on down the hall way and the sound of police radios.The next day I asked the daytime desk clerk if they fixed the problem from the night before and she said she knew nothing about it.so I explained what happened and she replied "oh smoking marijuana in hotels happens all the time no big deal and smoking marijuana isn't that bad of a thing anyway" I could not believe my ears,obviously she is a marijuana smoker as well,and it just goes to show why it was going on in the first place.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank rmiller0000
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Roseville, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Sacramento - Roseville. It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. I have addressed these issues with our staff and taken preventative measures to ensure this will not occur in the future. We hope that we might have the opportunity to host you again.
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

Everyone was friendly, the rooms are nice and the kitchen is a big plus. We will stay again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thanks for the feedback regarding Extended Stay America Sacramento - Roseville. We know that you have many choices when it comes to lodging so we appreciate you choosing us. We look forward to hosting you again in the very near future.
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

I've never heard of Extended Stay America. My husband and I were in Roseville for a week while we were looking at a few homes to buy. I didn't know what to expect checking in but the front desk guy was very nice and check in was very quick. The bed was harder than I am used to but the room was clean and I loved that it had a kitchen so we didn't have to eat out for every meal. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The windows are double pane but if you are a light sleeper like me you may want to ask for a room aw...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Ashley J
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Sacramento - Roseville. It is always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests like you. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your travels.
Fresno, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

I blame myself for this one. I believe in quality and in value. For a recent business trip, we were offered rooms at a brand new hotel a block from the conference. I chose to save what amounts to about $40/night to stay a mile away here at the extended stay. It had mixed reviews, but I figured I wasn't going to be there too much. While I saved money here, I don't feel like I came out ahead. Here's the lowdown...
First, the staff. The two people I talked to were great. Very polite, courteous and professional. A+ for the staff, including the Asian lady who I assumed was the manager.
Next, the location. Not too far from the mall, restaurants and other things you need on a business trip, but kind of a pain to get into and out of. There's only one exit, and it's right turn only. Kind of a pain when most things are in the opposite direction.
Now, the real issues - the rooms themselves. A great staff cannot make up for s crappy facility, and this is what we have here. It's an obvious case of the franchisee or operators REFUSING to put ANY kind of money back into the facility. I feel bad for the staff - knowing you work in a crappy environment means you take shortcuts, cause lets face it, the owners don't care, why should I? First, the whole hotel has this musty smell. It sure seems like it doesn't vent well. I turned on the a/c unit to clear up the air. Next, the TVs. This is 2012, why on earth does this hotel have 19" CRT TV's in their rooms?! That's just cheap. The shower drain was slow. Even after a minute to get to the warm water, the tub is flooding. And the bed? Not the most comfortable, but not the worse I've seen.
Then there's cleanliness. There was a weird black stain on the top sheet. I didn't use it. There was hair in random places - from the tub to the towel rack. I just never felt like the place was as clean as it could be - and once again, I blame ownership - since I already have the perception they're too cheap to reinvest, I also feel like they're trying to run this place on a shoe string budget, with as little staff as possible. The two people I talked to were the ONLY two people I saw during my stay.
In closing, I will not come back. While the staff is great, the building itself needs to be updated and cleaned (remember the smell). The free wifi is great, and the location isn't bad, but there are better choices in that city, and the price difference isn't killer.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Sacramento, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

The rooms were decent. A step up from Motel 6. Staff was great, good customer service. I had recently watch a television program on bed bugs. Since watching this program,whenever I stay at a hotel I always do an inspection for bed bugs by pulling back sheets and checking matresses and boxsprings. When inspecting the boxspring, I immediatly found two bedbugs. I called the front desk and they offered me a new room. I was so grossed out I decided to leave and return home as it was only 20 minitues away. A supervisor refunded me for the room, no questions asked.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank disneybaby5
Sacramento, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2011

Was forced to leave after paying a week in advance without a refund. Noel [--] was very unprofessional, irrate and threatened me after finding one cigarette butt in the toilet. Told me if I checked out By 11am the next day I would recieve a refund for the days I did not stay. So, I checked out on time went to the front desk and waited for Noel and he stated that i would not be recieving a refund at all. I informed him That I would contact coporate office and he grew even more angry and told me to leave immediatly. Also I had asked the day before to have housekeeping service my room and they didnt... One of the stove burners didnt work either. needless to say, I left broke with 2 kids in the rain crying with nowhere to go...

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family