“Very nice hotel, we would stay here again”

Hilton Garden Inn Roseville
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
Manteca, CA
“Very nice hotel, we would stay here again”
Reviewed June 16, 2009

We booked this hotel through priceline. We got a great rate! We were very impressed with our room. They gave us a quiet room facing the parking lot. We never heard any outside noise. The bed was very comfortable and we loved having a refrigerator and microwave in the room. The location was great. It was just a short 5 minute drive to the Galleria. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Austin
Reviewed February 13, 2009

I just stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn. The staff was great. They were friendly, professional and helpful. The room and common areas however were plain. I expected more from one of the more expensive rates in the area. I was not happy with the value. It is clean and in good working order but nothing special.

• Liked — The staff was great.
  • Disliked — The accomidations were too blah.
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Madison
Reviewed October 26, 2008

Well, was here in May, and things are not as good. Room I stayed in had some weird odor coming from the heater, when used.

Also, both times I ordered room service, they screwed it up, and it never came, and ended up going to a restaurant.

• Liked — Nice weather
  • Disliked — Poor internet, and poor service
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
Houston, TX
Reviewed July 23, 2008

We have a family of 6 and stayed in two rooms. The hotel is clean and nicely decorated. Very helpful staff. However everything here is small. Rooms are small, bathrooms can only fit one person. Pool is tiny and the workout room consists of 1 bicycle, 1 treadmill and 1 stairmaster.

I will offer 3 opinions. I'm a small woman who is a sound sleeper and am easily pleased. I felt the hotel was overall lovely. The double beds were so small though that I ended up sleeping on the chair/footrest provided. It was fine for me but my husband was angry that I "slept in a chair".

My husband is a large man who travels alot for business and was extremely disappointed. He could not sleep with all the traffic noise and even though he had a bed to himself, he felt the beds were very poor quality. He felt that $123 (the rate we paid) was too overpriced for what you received, feeling $80 was about right. If it had been up to him, we would have moved hotels for the second night, but I didn't want to have to pack up and move.

I booked this hotel because they advertised a workout room. My son who plays college football needed to keep up on his workouts. He was unhappy saying that the facility didn't offer alot and the dumbbells were bent.

The only thing I was unhappy about was that I thought it had offered a free continental breakfast and that's why I thought $123 was a fair price. They offered buffet breakfast for $10 a person. We didn't try it, instead opting to go to the Burger King across the street (there is also a McDonalds). If going south/west on I-80 towards I-5, there is a great breakfast restaurant just off the Madison exit called Brookfield's. Everything is homemade. The biscuits and scones were unbelievably delicious.

We chose this location because we went whitewater rafting and it was indeed a very easy drive from Roseville. It seems that all the nice hotels were clustered in the same spot. The Hilton Garden Inn shares the parking lot with Larkspur Landing and I think Fairfield Inn. Across the street is a Residence Inn.

• Liked — easy drive to go whitewater rafting, clean, great staff
  • Disliked — too small, wasn't great for the price
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank wizofwoz
Calgary, Alberta
Reviewed March 19, 2008

Still dreaming of freeway noise.

Stayed March 2008
Aspen, Colorado
Reviewed July 27, 2007

Compelled to stay in Roseville, again.
After my detestable experience at another supposedly "high end" hotel in Roseville, Larkspur Landing, on a previous excursion I definitely wanted quality. One would conceive that an establishment with the Hilton name would offer the expected quality the name infers. Wrong Assumption!
Turns out it is located next door to the poor excuse of a hotel I previousily stayed at.
Abhorrent location.
Disgustedly poor service.
Nothing special about the room.
As before heinous children were allowed to run amok throughout the entire establishment. This made it impossible to relax or finish business.
So far I have found Roseville does not offer quality accomodations no matter how much you pay.
Also, it appears this area attracts adults who do not care about the welfare of their children or the comfort of others.

• Liked — Unfortunately, nothing . . . . . . .
  • Disliked — Wild children running amok & terrible parents!
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
6 Thank Woman_of_Travel
northern California
Reviewed July 13, 2007

This hotel is a clean, well-managed gem, great for business travelers and so nice that we've stayed for pleasure here once or twice too. Great, helpful, friendly, professional and welcoming staff!!! Renovations were done late last year so the property is in excellent shape. Has workout room, convenient to great shopping and restaurants. If you have a choice, don't stay at the nearby Fairfield Inn by Marriott, its comparably priced but much less nice.

Stayed July 2007