WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Hilton Garden Inn Roseville

Hilton Garden Inn Roseville
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
Antioch, CA
“Not quite what I expect from a Hilton hotel.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

OK, this was another last minute quick trip to the area and was booked through a third party site. I initially wanted to rate this hotel as poor but realized that wasn't completely fair as there were many pros and some cons were not the fault of the actual hotel.

We arrived at the hotel around 3:30 to check in and immediately noticed that the place was overrun with young softball players. The tournament was cancelled for the day due to rain.

Lobby Decor: The lobby area was beautifully decorated. There were free cookies and fruit infused water there available. Very updated and modern feel. Welcoming.

Check-In: The person checking us in was new and in training mode. Bless her heart, she kept giving us incorrect information that was immediately corrected by nearby staff, i.e. no rooms available, your card has been declined, etc.

Upon approaching our room, we noticed that it seemed to be a gathering place for a group of giggling girls. One of them informed us that, lucky us, we were completely surrounded by their team. We quickly called the front desk and told them we were willing to wait for another room but they explained that the softball players were spread all over the hotel.

We knew that we would probably have some noise issues but I was totally unprepared for just how thin the walls and ceilings were.

The room: The room itself is nicely decorated and was clean. The room was spacious and nicely appointed. The bathroom was a good size and had nice neutrogena products available. There was a microwave, small refrigerator, and a coffee maker. Our room overlooked the front of the hotel. The bed was comfortable maybe a little on the soft side but nice.

We left and returned later on Saturday evening to a relatively quiet hotel. Around 3:00 a.m. my husband turned off the tv and the tv was replaced by our upstairs neighbors having relations on an extremely squeaky bed. Around 7:00 the teams woke up and the hotel was filled with doors slamming, giggling kids, running up and down the hallways, banging on walls, etc! An absolute nightmare. Now, while I blame the parents or chaperones, etc., I can't help but blame the hotel as well. One, the walls are so very thin to begin with; and Two, when you are doling out rooms, can't you keep the tournament bookings together? I'll admit to not knowing if this is even possible.

The other issues at this hotel are: the elevators. We were on the second floor (three story hotel) and took the elevator one time. Other than that we had to take the stairs. The elevator call light was light the entire time and the wait was impossible slow. Actually, we were not even sure if it was still operable or just super slow. We never figured that out and didn't bother to report it.

The breakfast buffet: We mistakenly thought a free breakfast buffet was included. We weren't going to bother as we figured it would be overrun with softball players but was amazed that hardly anyone was there the next morning. We moseyed on over and was immediately approached by someone wanting to show us the ropes. It looked like standard breakfast fare with cooked to order omelets. To our shock, there was a $11.95 charge. Unbelievable! If I'm going to pay $11.95 for a breakfast, I definitely want more than the free breakfast they serve at most of the other hotels in the area. We politely declined and found the nearest Denney's. (There's an IHOP and plenty of other dining options nearby.)

Overall, this was not a bad place to stay. Be prepared for thin walls and iffy elevators.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
central point,or, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

great service,clean, excellent breakfast lots of parking,verry helpful Great customer service, pool area large,great exercise room, comfortable bed and pillows, only place to stay that is centrally located, beverage always available all the time in entrance,with cookies at night

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was at capacity during my stay due to a softball tournament. I arrived at 2:00p.m. for check-in and was told by the staff that check-in was not until 3:00p.m. I stayed in the hotel lobby with my daughter's softball team and another team. At 3:00, I attempted to check-in again and was told that my room was still not ready. The front desk staff was very unorganized and did not know how to accommodate anyone. I stepped outside and made a call to the hotel and provided my name and was told my room was ready by the gentleman who was on-duty. I walked back inside and tried to check-in a third time and was told again that my room was not ready. I explained that I had just called and was told that my room was ready. This time she asked me for my name and proceeded to check me in.

Other than the front desk being confused, the hotel was clean and I was able to get a good nights sleep.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Carmel, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

Comfortable beds, clean. welcoming staff upon our late arrival. Fresh baked cookies and hot or cold drinks available in lobby. This hotel does have a buffet breakfast in am for 11.95. didnt have it , just had the free starbucks coffee .A little difficult to find at night with google maps directions . Call hotel for better directions off route I 80.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Plano, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

The 1st room was by the freeway with the noise from the cars zipping by too much to ignore ... The 2nd room was just down the aisle from the 1st and just as noisy ... The 3rd room had a broken thermostat, cracked washbasin & dirty bed covers ... The 4th room was locked out and the attendant had to run up'n'down twice to open it. ALL rooms had dirty carpets and super loud A/Cs ... The property is in urgent need of room updates.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Archana J
Tahoe City, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

Always a great stay! The staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms are always cozy and peaceful. Like the location - close to all the fun things I like to do in Roseville. I will say that having to do a minimum of 200 characters is really a pain. Thank you trip advisor for not making me want to do this.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Corning
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

PROS:
Location is next to freeway, but surprisingly little noise was heard from our rooms. We were in town for a family wedding and needed two rooms to accommodate our family. I asked for an early check-in ahead of time, but was unable to get into our rooms when we arrived,, so my family and I got ready in the lobby bathrooms. Not ideal, but it worked out. (bathrooms were clean and spacious).

Lobby is very modern, clean, and efficient. Rooms were furnished nicely with two double beds. Bathrooms were large and equipped with standard amenities. Bonus feature was the microwave and mini fridge. TV was perfect. My family slept very well.

Staff was friendly and efficient. When asked for bedding we were given plenty. Maids were busy early in the morning on our floor. Common areas were clean.

CONS:

Breakfast Buffet looked and smelled amazing! But at $11.95 each, our family of seven declined. Would have been nice to have simple bagels and fruit with the morning coffee and newspaper for free.

The Parking lot was not well lit and was very full when we arrived back on Saturday evening.

OVERALL:

A good place to stay, but we expected a bit more from a Hilton. Afterall the name alone brings images of class and elegance. We normally stay at less expensive motels, so maybe we expected too much from this one.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles