OK, this was another last minute quick trip to the area and was booked through a third party site. I initially wanted to rate this hotel as poor but realized that wasn't completely fair as there were many pros and some cons were not the fault of the actual hotel.
We arrived at the hotel around 3:30 to check in and immediately noticed that the place was overrun with young softball players. The tournament was cancelled for the day due to rain.
Lobby Decor: The lobby area was beautifully decorated. There were free cookies and fruit infused water there available. Very updated and modern feel. Welcoming.
Check-In: The person checking us in was new and in training mode. Bless her heart, she kept giving us incorrect information that was immediately corrected by nearby staff, i.e. no rooms available, your card has been declined, etc.
Upon approaching our room, we noticed that it seemed to be a gathering place for a group of giggling girls. One of them informed us that, lucky us, we were completely surrounded by their team. We quickly called the front desk and told them we were willing to wait for another room but they explained that the softball players were spread all over the hotel.
We knew that we would probably have some noise issues but I was totally unprepared for just how thin the walls and ceilings were.
The room: The room itself is nicely decorated and was clean. The room was spacious and nicely appointed. The bathroom was a good size and had nice neutrogena products available. There was a microwave, small refrigerator, and a coffee maker. Our room overlooked the front of the hotel. The bed was comfortable maybe a little on the soft side but nice.
We left and returned later on Saturday evening to a relatively quiet hotel. Around 3:00 a.m. my husband turned off the tv and the tv was replaced by our upstairs neighbors having relations on an extremely squeaky bed. Around 7:00 the teams woke up and the hotel was filled with doors slamming, giggling kids, running up and down the hallways, banging on walls, etc! An absolute nightmare. Now, while I blame the parents or chaperones, etc., I can't help but blame the hotel as well. One, the walls are so very thin to begin with; and Two, when you are doling out rooms, can't you keep the tournament bookings together? I'll admit to not knowing if this is even possible.
The other issues at this hotel are: the elevators. We were on the second floor (three story hotel) and took the elevator one time. Other than that we had to take the stairs. The elevator call light was light the entire time and the wait was impossible slow. Actually, we were not even sure if it was still operable or just super slow. We never figured that out and didn't bother to report it.
The breakfast buffet: We mistakenly thought a free breakfast buffet was included. We weren't going to bother as we figured it would be overrun with softball players but was amazed that hardly anyone was there the next morning. We moseyed on over and was immediately approached by someone wanting to show us the ropes. It looked like standard breakfast fare with cooked to order omelets. To our shock, there was a $11.95 charge. Unbelievable! If I'm going to pay $11.95 for a breakfast, I definitely want more than the free breakfast they serve at most of the other hotels in the area. We politely declined and found the nearest Denney's. (There's an IHOP and plenty of other dining options nearby.)
Overall, this was not a bad place to stay. Be prepared for thin walls and iffy elevators.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn Roseville hotel is near the Jackson Sports Academy, Hardwood Palace and Cherry Island Soccer Complex. All rooms include microwaves/mini-refrigerators. Plus, complimentary in-room WiFi, complimentary parking, outdoor pool with whirlpool spa, fitness room, business center, meeting rooms, on-site restaurant/bar and lounge area. Contact our multi-lingual staff to learn more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Roseville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Roseville Hotel Roseville
- Hilton Roseville
- Roseville Hilton Garden Inn