New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Hilton Garden Inn Roseville

Hilton Garden Inn Roseville
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
Seattle
“Older, a little noisy but clean”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I needed to stay for one night on business in Roseville and since I try to stay at a Hilton chain for business, I chose this hotel. I had read that it was near a noisy road and to ask for a room that didn't face the street. The front desk was helpful with this request, although all they had available was a handicapped accessible room, which was fine. The price I paid was very reasonable.

The property is aging but I felt everything was very clean and well taken care of. Thankfully I didn't need to run the AC while there as it is a window-mounted unit and quite noisy. If you've been to one Hilton Garden Inn, you've been to them all, at least in some respect. This property is just a bit older than others.

It's not clear to me whether breakfast is complimentary or not. Their website doesn't say. Breakfast is offered buffet style but there is a cook that you can ask to make omelets and such. The eggs, potatoes and meat on the buffet were lukewarm, at best. The fruit was nearly gone and was not replenished timely. Coffee in large canisters tasted burnt like it had been brewed hours earlier. I expected a check to be delivered to my table but never got one and didn't see anyone else getting one either. Even though they have staff working the breakfast area, no one came to my table at all, which is not surprising considering the lackluster effort.

The hotel is in a busy location and shares a parking lot with a Marriott Courtyard and a restaurant. There are a lot of shopping/restaurant options within a short driving distance. Fine for business needs but certainly wouldn't choose this hotel as a "destination."

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the quiet side of the building.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Misha22

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Cypress, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed here for a weeknd trip. Pluses: friendly staff, nice accomdations and my breakfast was included as a Hilton Gold perk. Disavantages: The property is right next to the freway (i did not hear much noise).
There are lots of restaurants and shopping nearby - but you really need to have a car if staying here. There is nothing in the immediate vicinty

Room Tip: ask for a room opposite the freeway (quieter)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
San Francisco, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed here one week when the Hyatt place was booked. For about the same rate the Hilton garden was just a bit older and shabbier. The beds were too soft and there is more road noise. Also the rooms were just not as nice. There is a laundry room for guests which can be a plus for some travelers. The Hyatt also has a pretty good breakfast which is free so a much better deal.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
Monterey, Ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

This is our second stay at this hotel this summer. Both stays were unexpected and the front desk found a way to accomodate us on very busy nights. This last time the hotel had two rooms left, one with twins beds and the other was a handicapped room. We chose the handicapped equipped room which was just super. I loved the accomodations in the room, which at my age were appreciated. The beds are always very comfortable and the rooms are clean and smell good. Since we arrived late, we ordered room service. Even though they were busy we waited less than 30 minutes before the food arrived. Both times we have stayed there we were nothing but happy. The staff is exceptional and always ready to assist. It's not what you'd call fancy, but it is super comfortable and clean and quiet. We had a very restful night and would stay there again if the situation arose.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I was greeted by a friendly person and was quickly attended to. Ask if your room is on the side of the Highway and train tracks. The trains seemed to stop running after 10pm but the traffic kept going. The in room desk is the familiar Hilton style, good for evening computer work. I do not like the twist light switches on the fixtures. They should be rocker switches like Courtyard. The coffee maker was sub par and dirty.

Room Tip: Stay away from the Free Cookies- they sit out and everyone who gets one touches the other cookies. C...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Nicole W, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Roseville, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with a satisfactory experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the level of noise from nearby trains and traffic as well as your guest room amenities. Your comments will help us to improve our guest experience and provide better assistance to guests that experience similar issues. Thank you for your review.
New York, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

The room was average and for Roseville, there aren't a lot of options for accommodations so I chose this hotel out of convenience. The room was average but the tv channels were good (I like my cable!). What I disliked most at this hotel is the breakfast area. It was so sad looking. The tables were not set and the food looked picked over. I'll try to look for another place to stay the next time I need to be in Roseville even if it means driving a little further away.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Nicole W, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Roseville, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
I appreciate your review of your recent experience with our breakfast offering. I understand that you were disappointed with the presentation and options and I have brought your comment to our culinary team and we are actively reworking our breakfast with your comments in mind. Thank you once again for your comments.
Redding, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Upon entering our first room as usual i always check the mattress for bedbugs, after hearing a few horror stories about them I always check regardless of what hotel i stay at. I had my husband lift up the mattress and there was what appeared to be a "penis pump" I was so disgusted and immediately called the front desk and they sent up a housekeeper to see what the "issue" was. We went back down to the front desk and the desk girl "anna" gave us an upgraded room and apoligized for the inconvienance. We went to the new room and again had my husband check the mattress and saw condom wrappers, dirty silverware, and tiny bugs crawling on the mattress. ( i googled what bed bugs look like and they were so large they were fully grown adult bed bugs.) I again went down to the front desk and this time asked for a refund, the front desk girl seemed a little annoyed and made the housekeeper go check out the situation my husband went with him to show him. He came back down and confirmed what we saw, the front desk girl said she was sorry and told us we would have to get a refund through priceline which wasn't a problem. We have stayed at this hotel before and never had an issue. After this experience I will never stay here again and hope there housekeeping can do a better job for future guests.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Nicole W, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Roseville, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
I want to sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and is always a focal point of our operations in order to continue providing our guests with a great experience. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention and I will personally be working with our housekeeping Manager to make sure this is problem is addressed. In addition after your departure we did have Ecolab pest control company come to inspect the room and verified that there was no evidence of bed bugs. Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any other concerns.

Sincerely