“Third time is the Charm!”

Heritage Inn Express Roseville
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
Monterey, California
“Third time is the Charm!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2007

My husband and I have had the opportunity to stay at this hotel 3 times over the last few years and have been consistently pleased each time. The property is clean and in a comfortable area. The rooms are nicely appointed and although our room didn't have a refrigerator or microwave it appears that the hotel has recently, or is in the process of being, updated-- We noticed that the furniture seemed updated compared to our previous stays.

There are a number of restaurants in the area, several within walking distance. We took advantage of one of a list of restaurants that delivered to the hotel.

The continental breakfast was adequate. Juice, cereal, fruit, toast, and Eggo-style waffles. Overall, it is a clean, comfortable hotel and a very good value.

• Liked — The value.
  • Disliked — I thought the continental breakfast was a bit light (Addition of protein? Cheese, eggs?)
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Reno
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2006

I chose to stay at the Heritage Inn when I was in Roseville for a tennis tournament because last year I spent a lot more elsewhere, and the hotel I got wasn't anything special. I paid $50 and the Heritage room was fine as a crash pad. The refrigerator and microwave came in very handy and I saved money by getting food at Trader Joes and eating in. TV was okay but they need more stations - AandE and ESPN2 would have been nice. No internet in the room but available in the lobby.

The staff were friendly every time I dealt with them - first making my reservation, second, when I called to ask about internet access, third, when I checked in, fourth, when I called the desk because my TV was acting funny (desk guy came right down to my room and fixed it), fifth, when I needed a toothbrush and paste, and finally when I checked out. Service was friendly and efficient every time.

The room was clean, the AC was on when I checked in so I didn't die while waiting for the room to cool, the amenities were all there and everything worked.

I noticed 2 things that needed attention. First, I had requested a non-smoking room. It said "non-smoking" on the door, but there was a cigarette butt right on the ground in front of the room, and I noticed a faint smoke smell on entering the room. The pillows also smelled faintly of smoke. If a hotel takes that sort of thing seriously they charge a hefty fee to guests who disregard the nonsmoking rule and give the room a thorough cleaning if some filthy smoker stinks it up. These guys obviously let smokers smoke in non-smoking rooms, or else they put bedding from rooms in which guests have smoked into non-smoking rooms. However, it wasn't intolerable and I am really picky about that sort of thing.

It wasn't quiet there - when guests entered their room next door I though someone was breaking into my room and freaked out! (earplugs solve that problem) Which brings me to the third issue - the security thing on the door was broken and that made me nervous (how did it break?!) but the deadbolt was still there.

The pool area looked nice, with grass and trees and it appeared clean. There is a continental breakfast offered in the lobby each morning, and wireless internet there as well. The desk is staffed 24/7 which is nice. The location is convenient, with lots of food/stores/etc. nearby.

If you are not looking for the lap of luxury but just an overnight stop you could spend a lot more and do a lot worse.

• Liked — value and location
  • Disliked — spartan accommodations, lack of internet in the room
  • Tips/Secrets — room 116 is right next to maintenance supplies - not quiet - upstairs is better
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8 Thank tennis_travelers