“Nice People, Pretty Good Value” 3 of 5 stars

Heritage Inn Express Roseville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   204 Harding Blvd., Roseville, CA 95678   |
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
Reno
“Nice People, Pretty Good Value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2006

I chose to stay at the Heritage Inn when I was in Roseville for a tennis tournament because last year I spent a lot more elsewhere, and the hotel I got wasn't anything special. I paid $50 and the Heritage room was fine as a crash pad. The refrigerator and microwave came in very handy and I saved money by getting food at Trader Joes and eating in. TV was okay but they need more stations - AandE and ESPN2 would have been nice. No internet in the room but available in the lobby.

The staff were friendly every time I dealt with them - first making my reservation, second, when I called to ask about internet access, third, when I checked in, fourth, when I called the desk because my TV was acting funny (desk guy came right down to my room and fixed it), fifth, when I needed a toothbrush and paste, and finally when I checked out. Service was friendly and efficient every time.

The room was clean, the AC was on when I checked in so I didn't die while waiting for the room to cool, the amenities were all there and everything worked.

I noticed 2 things that needed attention. First, I had requested a non-smoking room. It said "non-smoking" on the door, but there was a cigarette butt right on the ground in front of the room, and I noticed a faint smoke smell on entering the room. The pillows also smelled faintly of smoke. If a hotel takes that sort of thing seriously they charge a hefty fee to guests who disregard the nonsmoking rule and give the room a thorough cleaning if some filthy smoker stinks it up. These guys obviously let smokers smoke in non-smoking rooms, or else they put bedding from rooms in which guests have smoked into non-smoking rooms. However, it wasn't intolerable and I am really picky about that sort of thing.

It wasn't quiet there - when guests entered their room next door I though someone was breaking into my room and freaked out! (earplugs solve that problem) Which brings me to the third issue - the security thing on the door was broken and that made me nervous (how did it break?!) but the deadbolt was still there.

The pool area looked nice, with grass and trees and it appeared clean. There is a continental breakfast offered in the lobby each morning, and wireless internet there as well. The desk is staffed 24/7 which is nice. The location is convenient, with lots of food/stores/etc. nearby.

If you are not looking for the lap of luxury but just an overnight stop you could spend a lot more and do a lot worse.

• Liked — value and location
  • Disliked — spartan accommodations, lack of internet in the room
  • Tips/Secrets — room 116 is right next to maintenance supplies - not quiet - upstairs is better
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled solo
      Location
    • 5 of 5 stars
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
8 Thank tennis_travelers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roseville
BEST WESTERN Roseville Inn
Larkspur Landing Roseville
Larkspur Landing Roseville
#8 of 18 in Roseville
4.5 of 5 stars 207 reviews

Been to Heritage Inn Express Roseville? Share your experiences!