“Love Staying here!”

Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
Magalia, United States
“Love Staying here!”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I always use this hotel, whether for business or pleasure. The beds are comfortable, as a single woman I feel comfortable and safe here and enjoy the staff and what the hotel has to offer. I have brought friends here and they were so impressed with the rate they got and loved the comfort of the bed and the array of breakfast items.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Truckee, California
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Your trip and stay at this Best Western can make you feel like your with people that care to give you every help and assistance that you would want to make your travels most enjoyable. The human element that comes with this Best Western, from the time you arrive until the time you depart is worthy of FIVE STARS. Thank you Staff at this Best Western.

Room Tip: The suites are a good value for a small amount of difference.
1 Thank Donald B
Rancho Cucamonga, California
Reviewed May 27, 2014

The hotel itself is your average motel setting, clean rooms, ok beds, small pool but the staff was amazing specifically Kim at the front desk!!! Hotwire royally screwed up our reservation and refused to fix the problem, they even went so far as to imply it was my fault for the mix up, but Kim understood our problem and went out of the way to make sure our stay was enjoyable and I was so appreciative of that.

Kim is the epitome of guest services and guest recovery. She went above and beyond what her job functions are and we were so thankful for that. Thank you so much Kim!!!!!

1 Thank Mandy M
Durham, California
Reviewed May 25, 2014

I checked into the hotel with my seven year old son. He had a soccer tournament and had been playing all day in the heat. Unfortunately, he became ill that night and we needed to ask for new linens for the bed. The young woman at the front desk said she could not provide any new linens and didn't have the key to the linen closet. She couldn't reach the manager, she said. The staff would not help and gave us a very hard time about the fact that a seven year old was feeling poorly. Finally, after much debate, I was able to get access to another room very far across the complex and I went myself to strip the linens from the bed to change the bed in our room. There were teenagers playing around in the parking lot late in the evening, and the water pressure was so bad in the sink that my son couldn't get enough water to wash out his mouth. Overall, we were extremely disappointed. Until they get their act together, avoid this hotel.

Roseville, California
Reviewed May 23, 2014

We had a huge problem with hotwire screwing up our reservation (will never use hotwire again). Kim at the front desk was super helpful and understanding. When we found out that hotwire had reserved use a smoking room and Best Western had no non smoking rooms left we were pissed. My wife got on the phone with hotwire to find us a new hotel but they were rude and refused to work with use to find a reasonable resolution, hot wire is the worst! Then KIM CAME TO THE RESCUE! Within about 30 min Kim told use to hurry up and pack our bags because we were switching rooms. Somehow even though they were sold out Kim was able to snag us a non smoking room. Kim has magic room finding powers.

Room Tip: Ask for non smoking because the smoking rooms are super smokey smelling and I was a smoker for 15 ye...
Sacramento, California
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Our home's air conditioning went out during a heat wave, so we needed to move out until the parts arrived to fix it. This was one of the few places with an immediate vacancy for a family of four (who knows why Roseville was so booked), so we gave them a try.

Staff were friendly and we were pleasantly surprised that the room was very nice and modern (in our haste to book a room, I really didn't check out photos in advance, so we lucked out). Looked like it had been updated recently. Our room was quiet, even though we weren't that far from the freeway. Everything was clean. My only real complaint was that they didn't restock the toilet paper, even though the roll on the wall was empty when they came to do the touch-up cleaning. It was left empty when we returned and no extra rolls were left out. Thankfully, we don't live too far away, so when I had to make a trip back home for some other things, I picked up a roll for our short remaining time. I was also able to track down someone in housekeeping who gave me another roll, which I left for the next person staying there.

I used the free WiFi in our room for work and had no trouble, once I got one of the Best Western connections to work (you may have to go through up to 8 options to get it to work).

The free breakfast included a nice selection of cereals, the option to make waffles, pastries/breads, fruit, hard-boiled eggs and yogurts.

The location is good. Very close to a number of restaurants and centrally located in Roseville.

Spearfish, United States
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Dirty walkways, big pool but not appealing with old chairs and tables, rooms smell of stale smoke, not the best value for $85 per night. I also heard there is a lot of crime at night so you need to be careful. Room was large, this would be a great hotel if they did a few things.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple